I am no longer your moderator

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KHE

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It appears that I have been removed as your moderator as I have violated some sort of privacy contract when I posted a thread identifying a troll who had created multiple accounts and was posting under different usernames even after they had been banned.

I posted that identification because it was heavily suspected and I felt that the doctors who take time out of their practices and their lives and the students who come here seeking accurate information deserved better. I believed that they should have known that they were dealing with a very disingenuous person who posted nothing but lies.

Apparently, the policy of SDN is to not identify people who have been subject to disciplinary action no matter the reason, even if they are trolls.

That makes me wonder if I'm violating the privacy rules by identifying myself? Hmmmm. Since I'm no longer a moderator, does that violate TOS? I hope not. :cool:

In any event, I think you guys deserve better and quite frankly, after the monies and hours I've donated to this site, I think I deserve better too.

But it is not my forum. My apologies for violating TOS. It was not my intention. It is my hope that another moderator is found quickly. If my opinion is of any value, I recommend Ben Chudner.

I will drop out of this forum as I do not wish to participate in one in which trolls are allowed to participate so easily. I understand that there's a certain amount of trolling that goes on on the internet but the last few months on here have been ridiculous.

My identity is well known. I can be found under the optometrist profiles section. Anyone who wishes to contact me can do so via PM or at my office. I am happy to have students shadow and I am happy to discuss the pros and cons of this profession for people who are interested.

Best of luck to all of you in your future endeavors. Especially you Jason K.

KEN

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck KHE. Thank you for your service to this forum!

Well, that stinks. Even though I'm neither a student nor a new grad I enjoyed reading your posts. I learned a lot from you and felt that like I might just be able to survive in this crazy profession after reading many of your posts. I think your leaving is a significant loss to a forum that has seen significant decline in the quality of its content as of late.

Best wishes.

Members don't see this ad :)
NOOOOOOOO!!!! Don't leave the forums. Who cares if you are not the moderator anymore, less work for you right? Just stick around plus who will shield us from Jason. lol. ......thanks for all your help. I don't think many people realize how much time and effort you have put into these forums to help others. Thank you and Thank you!

Of all the weirdness that I've seen on this forum, including my own posts with videos of cartoon men bouncing around on their own testicles and pictures of a shirtless Chuck Norris, this definitely takes the cake as the most bizarre thing I've seen. I certainly don't agree with your of optometry's future or the opportunities for new ODs, but I think you did a great job as moderator of the forum and offered a lot of necessary advice to students.

For my part in participating in the imemily / optohopeful123 / optom123 / Gregory Mendel / KevinL / Socal123 / and many others controversy, I'm truly sorry.

For what it's worth, I'm not quite sure how "outing" one anonymous screen name as another anonymous screen name constitutes a violates of privacy, but whatever.

And isn't the giant line crossed through a banned username a little bit of a clue regarding previous disciplinary action? Pretty lame, SDN..

Last edited:
Well forget that.

I agree with everyone else who say the quality has tanked in these forums as of late.

I appreciate your wisdom and advice Ken...em, I mean KHE (do I get banned for that). I agree with your choice to bag the effort when commitment and service don't apparently mean a thing to the powers that be. Please keep your account so you can always be a PM away.

See ya on ODwire...once those guys let me access more than 1 forum.

edit: I just emailed SDN to let them know about their poor choice.

Tis' a shame. I thought you were most informative and fairly balanced in your posts. Sure sometimes things would get heated but overall you were a positive influence on these forums, I'd say.

Although I barely spent any time on this section of the forum when I did I always saw that KHE was extremely active and readily gave lots of helpful advice to the students here. It's a shame that his mod title was removed- but even more so that he is leaving this sight. Congrats SDN, you upheld your ToS, but lost a wonderful contribute in the process.

Ken-

Have enjoyed our banter. Extremely poor move by SDN. Sucks. I agree that trolling has been ridiculous, especially on your board. It's a shame that attempting to clean things up got you booted from your post. Hope you'll reconsider and stay on the board. You have a lot to offer.

What a dull move by SDN management. KHE, your posts have always been very honest, smart and thoughtful. I hope you stick around.

Wow, what a terrible deicison by sdn. Absolutely rediculous. One reason I'm never donating. Jesus, does LECOM own this forum now or something ... Way to **** on someone who actually cared about this inreasingly terrible website.

Of all the weirdness that I've seen on this forum, including my own posts with videos of cartoon men bouncing around on their own testicles and pictures of a shirtless Chuck Norris, this definitely takes the cake as the most bizarre thing I've seen. I certainly don't agree with your of optometry's future or the opportunities for new ODs, but I think you did a great job as moderator of the forum and offered a lot of necessary advice to students.

For my part in participating in the imemily / optohopeful123 / optom123 / Gregory Mendel / KevinL / Socal123 / and many others controversy, I'm truly sorry.

For what it's worth, I'm not quite sure how "outing" one anonymous screen name as another anonymous screen name constitutes a violates of privacy, but whatever.

And isn't the giant line crossed through a banned username a little bit of a clue regarding previous disciplinary action? Pretty lame, SDN..

I totally agree. I have benefited from countless posts by KHE. I felt as though you did an excellent job at moderating. If you really decide to leave SDN, it is a loss for them and especially the students.

If it was such an egregious act you did, they could have at least given you a fair warning. Idiot move on their behalf....

Members don't see this ad :)
Calm down people....its not like he died or something.

If KHE continues to post, we can ALL learn something important

lol.

Last edited:
We can learn that trolls like you win in the end on these poorly managed forums. Go become a lawyer and manipulate people, you'd make a lot of money.

We can learn that trolls like you win in the end on these poorly managed forums. Go become a lawyer and manipulate people, you'd make a lot of money.

I certainly hope that wasn't directed at me there, big fella. I'm far from the only person who responded to emily and her 4 thousand screen names - you're right there with me and all the others who couldn't resist highlighting her cluelessness.

Also, if you're going to suggest alternate careers for people, try not to recommend ones that are worse off than optometry.

Last edited:
That sucks. KHE was one of the most informative posters. SDN dropped the ball on this one.

I certainly hope that wasn't directed at me there, big fella.

It was directed at the person above the post named "TheReturn". Isn't it obvious who that is? What's up SoCal/imemily?

It was directed at the person above the post named "TheReturn". Isn't it obvious who that is? What's up SoCal/imemily?

Hmmmm...for some reason, the great imemily, socal123, optom123, optohopeful123, Kevin L, Gregory Mendel, et al's post wasn't showing up when I responded to yours. How many is that now??? Ten, eleven, twelve different screen names? Emily, you forgot the "123" add-on. Shouldn't it be "TheReturn123?"

Thanks for posting over the years, KHE/Ken. I enjoyed and felt like I benefited hearing your level-headed perspective as a medical student.

Thanks for your message.
Removing a volunteer is never an easy choice. However, at SDN our highest core value is member privacy - even for those individuals that are trolls. If you encounter someone trolling the forum, please report them using the 'report bad post' button so that one of the moderators can take action.
Best,
SDN
(<------- there was a name of who responded but since I don't want to get banned I left it out.)

no more moderating for Ken? c'mon SDN that's plain silly.

No worries though, I'm thinkin he'll still be back and forth from odwire to SDN. He's a "lifer", I can tell.