I am scared of taking the PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nobodieshero

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been a pharmacy tech for 7 years, during that time a lot has happened my GPA fell, horribly. But now I am trying to get myself back up. My pharmacist said just score good on the PCAT to even out your GPA. However my GPA is really really bad! My friend told me if you score really good on the first try, you can be considered. That raises another question, I know more then some of the pharmacist I work with, but I have screwed up so is there a way to repent for my GPA or is this just a myth?

Members don't see this ad.

Hard to give helpful advice when you don't post your current GPA. Whatever it is now - retake anything that is a C or lower and make sure to get A's. Raise your GPA to a 3.0 and get a 80+ on your PCAT and you're golden. I also seriously doubt you know more than some of the pharmacists you work with. Unless you're talking about billing and insurance claims.

Last edited:
I have been a pharmacy tech for 7 years, during that time a lot has happened my GPA fell, horribly. But now I am trying to get myself back up. My pharmacist said just score good on the PCAT to even out your GPA. However my GPA is really really bad! My friend told me if you score really good on the first try, you can be considered. That raises another question, I know more then some of the pharmacist I work with, but I have screwed up so is there a way to repent for my GPA or is this just a myth?
Scared or not, You have no choice! Take pcat and get a higher score, at least more than 80.