i am SCREWED...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phillyfornia

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
still haven't turned in my ERAS. my goal was to turn it in today but i still feel like my PS isn't where it should be. i think that i might work on it and submit my stuff on 9/18. have i pretty much messed up my chances of matching at a good program by submitting my ERAS so late?

Members don't see this ad.

I hope not, 'cause I just turned mine in yesterday. Sure, if your numbers are low you may have needed that extra edge to squeeze into a few competitive locations.

Search this forum, I'm sure you'll find that many don't turn in the apps at 7:05 on Sep. 01.

I was one of those people who uploaded on the first day, but honestly, lots of programs haven't even downloaded my app yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
still haven't turned in my ERAS. my goal was to turn it in today but i still feel like my PS isn't where it should be. i think that i might work on it and submit my stuff on 9/18. have i pretty much messed up my chances of matching at a good program by submitting my ERAS so late?

turned mine in sept 22 or 23. still got interviews at mgh, cornell, yale, blah blah blah.

spots do fill early, and you should get that eras in yesterday, but you are not screwed...yet.

you guys realize that you can always change PS's. At least I think you can. The program will just 'reload' the new PS each time.

Get off your butt, finish your personal statement over the weekend (if you're stuck on it for this long, it's not going to get that much better) and submit to ERAS by Monday morning.

Many of the highly competitive programs wait until November 1 before they start offering interviews. There are some less competitive programs that do start offering interviews in early September. However, if you're an average to above average candidate they may invite you to interview regardless.

I know a guy who submitted his application in October, got interviews at all the top programs he applied to, and matched at a top program. It didn't seem to make a big difference.

I am not sure if you can upload a new one and switch your original PS (delivered to a given prog) to another.

I know you can't edit, for sure! I had one typo that was discovered for me by a PD and couldn't change it. No one else ever brought it up the whole year...

you guys realize that you can always change PS's. At least I think you can. The program will just 'reload' the new PS each time.

guys, you can submit your ERAS CV without an essay!!!!!

Man, I never got my gas letter written until around november and I had so many interviews before my essay was complete. Don't make the mistake of waiting to transmit your basic ERAS file to your programs. Send the essay when its ready. right now, they'll just be sending out interviews based on your board scores. Do you really think anybody will read your essay this early???

so get on it!!!

You can upload a new essay (at least we could last year), but yeah i wouldn't sent an early draft of it, because even though they print out the new version, the old version still gets kept on file.

If you can send the ERAS CV without an essay, as supahfresh says, i definitely second the advice to do so.

through an error in ERAS last year, half the programs I applied to never received my personal statement until I noticed in late november- i already had interviews at each of them. Also, my experience with anesthesia interviews was that very few interviewers commented on the personal statement. transitional and prelim med programs wanted to discuss it, but it didn't seem as important to the anesthesia programs.