I am SO nervous!!

chloejane

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2005
    I am so nervous... I have two interviews this week- which I'm thrilled to have- but I can't break this nervousness! I know I have to just go in and be myself, but I can't help worrying. And then the pharmacist I worked with over the weekend (a floater) told me that there is a chance that the classes are filled at both schools and they are just continuing interviews in order to determine if you get wait-listed or not. ugh! I have a good idea what the essay will be at one school from other students that have interviewed, but I'm afraid I will blank out and not be able to clearly communicate my thoughts.
    Anyway, I just needed to vent for a minute to people that probably understand how nerve wrecking this can be :) Thanks for listening!

hopeful05

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Feb 12, 2005
    PA
    1. Pharmacist
      chloejane said:
      I am so nervous... I have two interviews this week- which I'm thrilled to have- but I can't break this nervousness! I know I have to just go in and be myself, but I can't help worrying. And then the pharmacist I worked with over the weekend (a floater) told me that there is a chance that the classes are filled at both schools and they are just continuing interviews in order to determine if you get wait-listed or not. ugh! I have a good idea what the essay will be at one school from other students that have interviewed, but I'm afraid I will blank out and not be able to clearly communicate my thoughts.
      Anyway, I just needed to vent for a minute to people that probably understand how nerve wrecking this can be :) Thanks for listening!
      Hi....don't worry about it too much...i know that's hard to actually do than say....but i was feeling the same way too because i had never been interviewed... i just had my first interview and now i am fully prepared for the others. I realized that i just had to be myself and everything was fine...just remember they are all just regular people, and most of them will try to make you feel comfortable. So good Luck...

Vandykitten

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Oct 12, 2004
        chloejane said:

Hey!!! Firstly, congrats on the interviews. Where are you going to be interviewing? I know a few schools who have purposely left spaces open for later interviewees though they say they are still on 'rolling admissions.' No worries!!!

I was a little nervous at first. The night before my first interview, I ate a BIG yummy protein-filled dinner, casually went over some questions, and watched a few movies at the hotel. The next day, I woke up early (so I'd be there on time), ate a good breakfast, and went in feeling positive! Chatting with the other interviewees usually helps too as it loosens up some nerves.

Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK!

About the Ads

chloejane

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Jan 9, 2005
          Thanks for the reassurance! I'm interviewing tomorrow at Auburn and on Wednesday at Samford. I am trying to just relax tonight and planning on going to bed early so I'll be fresh tomorrow. I hope tomorrow I'll just be confident and kick the anxiety. I intellectually know that some of the things I'm worried about are just stupid, but I can't seem to get my intellect to convince the rest of me to calm down! :) Thanks for the good wishes!

CuRy

10+ Year Member
          7+ Year Member
          Oct 27, 2004
          Pittsburgh, PA
            chloejane said:
            Thanks for the reassurance! I'm interviewing tomorrow at Auburn and on Wednesday at Samford. I am trying to just relax tonight and planning on going to bed early so I'll be fresh tomorrow. I hope tomorrow I'll just be confident and kick the anxiety. I intellectually know that some of the things I'm worried about are just stupid, but I can't seem to get my intellect to convince the rest of me to calm down! :) Thanks for the good wishes!

I was interviewed with Auburn two weeks ago! You will have only one interview with two interviewers (one PharmD student and one professor). They ask you to answer a bunch of questions (questionares) from their papers. These questions are very basic related to morality. So they just want to know your communication skills. At the end, you will have a short conversation to close the interview. It looks weird to me (as an engineer).

While you are waiting for your turn, you will ask you to do a psychology test and to write an essay. The tests are questionaires related to morality with given situations. They are plenty, so you are busy from 8.30am to 3.30pm. These two tasks are not important, but try to finish them. You should relax for the real interview- the critical one.

You just need know the tasks of interview ahead, so you won't rush to less important ones. Go Tiger!

ultracet

1K Member
            10+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            Mar 4, 2004
              as far as samford... your interview should be easy (the profs are nice) there is one out there who always asks the definition of integrity. you will have 2 faculty interviews
              also ask the students whatever you want to know.. they have no input to the admissions process.

you will have to write an essay by hand.

good luck

chloejane

10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              Jan 9, 2005
                I really wanted to thank everyone for the encouragement. My first interview went really well... once I got there and met everyone I became much more comfortable. And it must have gone well, because by the time I got home I had recieved an acceptance e-mail!!! How exciting!
                I still have an interview tomorrow at Samford, but I feel so relaxed now. I think I just needed to experience it so that I could mentally prepare myself. For me, the most difficult part is the writing sample... I need peace and quiet to fully concentrate, so that can be a bit challenging for me (as I learned at Auburn)...
                But thank you all SO much for your encouragement!

chloejane

10+ Year Member
                5+ Year Member
                Jan 9, 2005
                  CuRy-
                  was it just me or was that psychology test rediculously difficult?! That sounds terrible... I don't mean the "ethics" were hard but it took me a good 10 minutes to figure out how to answer the questions. I kept trying to just answer them instead of rate them on how 'good' they would be to evaluate each scenario! I really felt like an idiot! But, oh well, I got that done.
                  How do you think your interview went? I wish you luck!

endlesslove

10+ Year Member
                  5+ Year Member
                  Sep 19, 2004
                  USA
                    chloejane said:
                    I really wanted to thank everyone for the encouragement. My first interview went really well... once I got there and met everyone I became much more comfortable. And it must have gone well, because by the time I got home I had recieved an acceptance e-mail!!! How exciting!
                    I still have an interview tomorrow at Samford, but I feel so relaxed now. I think I just needed to experience it so that I could mentally prepare myself. For me, the most difficult part is the writing sample... I need peace and quiet to fully concentrate, so that can be a bit challenging for me (as I learned at Auburn)...
                    But thank you all SO much for your encouragement!

:thumbup:

aubieRx

10+ Year Member
                    5+ Year Member
                    Feb 23, 2005
                      chloejane said:
                      CuRy-
                      was it just me or was that psychology test rediculously difficult?! That sounds terrible... I don't mean the "ethics" were hard but it took me a good 10 minutes to figure out how to answer the questions. I kept trying to just answer them instead of rate them on how 'good' they would be to evaluate each scenario! I really felt like an idiot! But, oh well, I got that done.
                      How do you think your interview went? I wish you luck!

war eagle

hey i am in auburn too. i have my interview on monday. i am quite nervous ...why do the activities have to last almost all day??? *sigh*

psychology test! pssssht. sounds like a bunch of liberal minded baloney to me ;)

About the Ads
                      This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      7. This thread is locked.