I barely passed Step 1 (194) and I’m so disappointed. Is there still hope for me to match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I barely passed Step 1 (194) and I’m so disappointed. Is there still hope for me to match?

I’m an IMG (graduated in 2019) and I’m interested in psych. I just need a job and it doesn’t matter where. I studied really hard for step 1. I took a lot of time out to dedicate to this test. I’m very upset that this was the mark I received. I know that next year the USMLE will be P/F but won’t that be harder for IMGs? Tbh I don’t have much on my CV because I really struggled in school and couldn’t devote to any extracurriculars. I even repeated a year.

Scheduled to take step 2 CK next month but this was a huge blow to my confidence. I wish residency programs could easily take anyone who applies because there is a shortage of doctors in the States (especially now that there is a pandemic that’s killing people daily).

I don’t know what to do. I dedicated so much time to my degree. I want to be able to use it and progress in my career. It’s disheartening.

Members don't see this ad.

You are going to do what you originally planned to do. Your trajectory hasn't changed. Take the tests. Graduate if you haven't already yet, and take the step/level 3 as soon as you possibly can. Apply, apply broadly and see how things shake down. You won't know until your try? If every anonymous person here tells you to give up, will you listen to people on the internet? No. So stick with your original plan and ride this wave to conclusion.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.