I blew it with Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OofWillis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I filled out my Case secondary a couple weeks after I received it, but apparently I never submitted it electronically until about 10 minutes ago. I thought they had lost my LORs so my application wasn't complete. I've emailed them a few times asking about my letters, and they always said to just wait a few more days. They were probably really thinking, "Idiot, submit your application first.", but they never said that. I'm sure now it will only be a matter of days before I'm adding my name to the Wall of Shame!

Members don't see this ad.

Haha, don't worry about it. I am sure that the people who read your emails have little bearing on the decision. And it seems reasonable to me that someone could mistakenly think they'd submitted when they actually hadn't. There is nothing you can do about it now, at least it's completed. Just go with the flow.

haha it's an honest mistake. they may have made jokes about you, but those people probably aren't the ones that will have a substantial pull on your application anyway. that is unless you've been emailing the dean of admissions.

i'd just email them back and let them know of your mistake. apologize for pestering them and thank them for their patience and understanding. i'd think this would completely reverse, if not, put you in a better light now that you show that you recognize and admit fault in mistakes.

i did the same thing, but i found out i didnt submit it before my lor came.