Commando303

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2009
Status
I've more or less narrowed my choices down to P.C.O. and I.C.O., but, now, am quite stuck. I wonder if anyone familiar with both schools/programs/locales could share his or her views. I know, it's ultimately about deciding which is better for me, but, again, I'm kind :)shrug:): Perhaps hearing others' thoughts would help clear me up.

Thank you.

DawgOD

SCO C/o 2014
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 16, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Status
Optometry Student
I would choose ICO... I love their clinic compared to PCO's.. Both are great schools though.

OD4eyes

PCO c/o 2014
Jul 31, 2009
Status
Pre-Optometry
I would choose PCO because it is cheaper, closer to home and the weather is not as cold as IL. Both schools are greater! Time to make a list of pros and cons.

JennieJoy

ICO 2014!
Feb 23, 2010
Chicago
Status
Pre-Optometry
I am choosing between ICO and NECO....but am leaning towards ICO. Maybe we'll be classmates :)

Commando303

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2009
Status
I would choose ICO... I love their clinic compared to PCO's.. Both are great schools though.
Yeah, though I loved P.C.O.'s campus, I felt their clinic was a bit run-down.

Does price factor into your decision at all?
Of course (whose decision doesn't it influence? :laugh:), but the price-difference between I.C.O. and P.C.O. is not great enough to be significant to me.

I am choosing between ICO and NECO....but am leaning towards ICO. Maybe we'll be classmates :)
I forwent N.E.C.O. (I did apply). Yes, maybe we'll see each other — :).

I would choose PCO because it is cheaper, closer to home and the weather is not as cold as IL. Both schools are greater! Time to make a list of pros and cons.
I think it might just have to come down to list-making. Decisions, decisions...

DawgOD

SCO C/o 2014
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 16, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Status
Optometry Student
which has the easier curriculum? lol.

Commando303

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2009
Status
which has the easier curriculum? lol.
I read the "lol," but I'm going to use this as an opportunity to start typing to, I hope, lead myself to something that helps me make my decision. P.C.O. puts its students in the clinic at the start of the spring semester of their second year; I.C.O., I believe, waits until the start of the fall semester of the third year.

Nope, still bewildered...

JennieJoy

ICO 2014!
Feb 23, 2010
Chicago
Status
Pre-Optometry
ICO puts you in the clinic at the beginning of the second year as well. You do as much of an exam as you have learned then you hand it over to a more experienced student. You also work in dispensing(selling glasses) and do walk throughs with patients starting in your first year i believe. You do have the opportunity to work in the clinic as a first year as well.