I called Blockbuster...I mean Wags today

Started by VA77
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

VA77

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Strange things this week

A couple of Wags shut down this week due to "IT problems" and couldn't even get in touch with the pharmacy. Finally called a store that was open and said yeah they couldn't transfer the med cause it was "locked" in the system. So after 3 days I called Chicago and got a person who hung up on me when I was trying to explain the situation. Really feel bad for the employees cause I know those patients were cussing and there is nothing you can do. Corporate did tell me I can always reach out and get another Rx from the prescriber and I told them I don't think they like to just send control Rxs around the neighborhood especially if they can't get in touch with the original pharmacy to cancel.

Anyway, just interested to hear if anyone else is seeing "IT" problems out at Blockbuste...I mean Wags.
 
I don't get the reference to blockbuster. Are you saying that wags has an antiquated business model that will be rendered obsolete by a tech startup?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't get the reference to blockbuster. Are you saying that wags has an antiquated business model that will be rendered obsolete by a tech startup?
I'm saying that at one point in time that Blockbuster was on every corner and a ubiquitous business name that now only exists in memory.

I guess I could have picked a bunch of businesses, Sears, Kmart, Circuit City, Payless Shoes, Western Auto....anyway I just figured more people knew Blockbuster.
 
Last edited:
I'm saying that at one point in time that Blockbuster was on every corner and a ubiquitous business name that now only exists in memory.

I guess I could have picked a bunch of businesses, Sears, Kmart, Circuit City, Payless Shoes, Western Auto....anyway I just figured more people knew Blockbuster.
I don't know. All those businesses are dead. I don't see Walgreens going away soon.