I called Blockbuster...I mean Wags today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VA77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Strange things this week

A couple of Wags shut down this week due to "IT problems" and couldn't even get in touch with the pharmacy. Finally called a store that was open and said yeah they couldn't transfer the med cause it was "locked" in the system. So after 3 days I called Chicago and got a person who hung up on me when I was trying to explain the situation. Really feel bad for the employees cause I know those patients were cussing and there is nothing you can do. Corporate did tell me I can always reach out and get another Rx from the prescriber and I told them I don't think they like to just send control Rxs around the neighborhood especially if they can't get in touch with the original pharmacy to cancel.

Anyway, just interested to hear if anyone else is seeing "IT" problems out at Blockbuste...I mean Wags.

Members don't see this ad.

File a Board report, there is supposed to be a manual reversion (Central or Local) for all networked IT systems involving pharmacy and that's usually a huge fine if not doable. They literally need to pull out the physical script, notate, and then reenter the system if they cannot get it up.

I don't get the reference to blockbuster. Are you saying that wags has an antiquated business model that will be rendered obsolete by a tech startup?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't get the reference to blockbuster. Are you saying that wags has an antiquated business model that will be rendered obsolete by a tech startup?
I'm saying that at one point in time that Blockbuster was on every corner and a ubiquitous business name that now only exists in memory.

I guess I could have picked a bunch of businesses, Sears, Kmart, Circuit City, Payless Shoes, Western Auto....anyway I just figured more people knew Blockbuster.

Last edited:
I'm saying that at one point in time that Blockbuster was on every corner and a ubiquitous business name that now only exists in memory.

I guess I could have picked a bunch of businesses, Sears, Kmart, Circuit City, Payless Shoes, Western Auto....anyway I just figured more people knew Blockbuster.
I don't know. All those businesses are dead. I don't see Walgreens going away soon.

Reactions: 1 user