I can't believe this!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sinned

slaving in dental school
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

It's been a long struggle for me, but my dream of getting into my #1 choice has now been realized. I graduated from UCSD with sub 3.0 gpa for both Cumulative and Science gpa back in March of 2003. So in order to fulfill my dream of becoming a dentist, I enrolled in a post-baccalaureate program and completed my pre-reqs with a 3.8 gpa. Also, this was my 2nd application cycle and really tried to make a good impression and be knowledgeable during my interviews about the schools I interviewed at (i.e. my interviewer at NJ said in his own words "I'm so glad to hear that from you.") Well, I got into my dream school, which is UMDNJ this afternoon :thumbup:. Last year, I was rejected by UMDNJ post-interview. So to everyone, please keep your hopes up, and as soon as I get confirmation that my acceptance deposit was received, I will be withdrawing my application from all other schools. Thanks for all the information guys. Happy early x-mas!!!

Den

Members don't see this ad.

I'm very happy for you man :) Good Job!

sinned said:
Hey guys,

It's been a long struggle for me, but my dream of getting into my #1 choice has now been realized. I graduated from UCSD with sub 3.0 gpa for both Cumulative and Science gpa back in March of 2003. So in order to fulfill my dream of becoming a dentist, I enrolled in a post-baccalaureate program and completed my pre-reqs with a 3.8 gpa. Also, this was my 2nd application cycle and really tried to make a good impression and be knowledgeable during my interviews about the schools I interviewed at (i.e. my interviewer at NJ said in his own words "I'm so glad to hear that from you.") Well, I got into my dream school, which is UMDNJ this afternoon :thumbup:. Last year, I was rejected by UMDNJ post-interview. So to everyone, please keep your hopes up, and as soon as I confirmation that my acceptance deposit was received, I will be withdrawing my application from all other schools. Thanks for all the information guys. Happy early x-mas!!!

Den

congrats. I am very happy to hear that!

Members don't see this ad :)
sinned said:
Hey guys,

It's been a long struggle for me, but my dream of getting into my #1 choice has now been realized. I graduated from UCSD with sub 3.0 gpa for both Cumulative and Science gpa back in March of 2003. So in order to fulfill my dream of becoming a dentist, I enrolled in a post-baccalaureate program and completed my pre-reqs with a 3.8 gpa. Also, this was my 2nd application cycle and really tried to make a good impression and be knowledgeable during my interviews about the schools I interviewed at (i.e. my interviewer at NJ said in his own words "I'm so glad to hear that from you.") Well, I got into my dream school, which is UMDNJ this afternoon :thumbup:. Last year, I was rejected by UMDNJ post-interview. So to everyone, please keep your hopes up, and as soon as I confirmation that my acceptance deposit was received, I will be withdrawing my application from all other schools. Thanks for all the information guys. Happy early x-mas!!!

Den
congrats! you're more like "sHinned" than sinned. ;)

sinned said:
Hey guys,

It's been a long struggle for me, but my dream of getting into my #1 choice has now been realized. I graduated from UCSD with sub 3.0 gpa for both Cumulative and Science gpa back in March of 2003. So in order to fulfill my dream of becoming a dentist, I enrolled in a post-baccalaureate program and completed my pre-reqs with a 3.8 gpa. Also, this was my 2nd application cycle and really tried to make a good impression and be knowledgeable during my interviews about the schools I interviewed at (i.e. my interviewer at NJ said in his own words "I'm so glad to hear that from you.") Well, I got into my dream school, which is UMDNJ this afternoon :thumbup:. Last year, I was rejected by UMDNJ post-interview. So to everyone, please keep your hopes up, and as soon as I get confirmation that my acceptance deposit was received, I will be withdrawing my application from all other schools. Thanks for all the information guys. Happy early x-mas!!!
Den

hey!! congrats with UMDNJ!! you deserve it!

Thanks everyone, it really was a long and arduous process and especially for me since I had to do a post-bac on top of my my undergraduate work and it took me 2 application cycles...good luck everyone!!!

sinned said:
Hey guys,

Den

Hey sinned, if i don't get in this cycle i want to take some post-bac. classes as well. What kind of courses did u take, how many credits ..etc..? WHat kind of program? Thanks, and congrats.
:cool:

sinned said:
Hey guys,

Den

Congrats. Merry CHRISTmas, Its not X-mas.

Sprgrover said:
Congratulations!! Now perhaps you should change your name to 'redeemed'.
HA! :laugh: I agree!

congrats!!=) I got the acceptance mail and UMDNJ is my first choice also!!

Hey DEN! Good job buddy! I was hoping you would hear from someone when Temple bugged out on you! Merry X-MAS!

:rolleyes: ;) :D :D :D :D :D :laugh:

1992Corolla said:
Hey DEN! Good job buddy! I was hoping you would hear from someone when Temple bugged out on you! Merry X-MAS!

Well is blasphemy cool now?

Its Christmas.

hadnt heard anyone use bugged out in a while either. Is that still cool?

Members don't see this ad :)
:rolleyes:
blasphemy? i think it depends on your opinion. To me it is just a saying. We could talk about the self righteousness of somepeople on the forum, j/k! :D

Just playing with you.

1992Corolla said:
:rolleyes:
blasphemy? i think it depends on your opinion. To me it is just a saying. We could talk about the self righteousness of somepeople on the forum, j/k! :D

Just playing with you.

Yea maybe its just a saying to some and maybe some businessed put it on their windows and signs because it takes up less room.

I dont care. Just watch Tv and read the news papers, this year is so bad.

People are afraid to death to say merry Christmas, its Happy Holidays, or the holiday season, etc.

Thank goodness they didnt ask me this in my dental school interview. I would have just dropped my head to the desk.

Actually, I was so nervous, I am lucky that I had good credentials cause I blew it bigtime.

Oh well.

I give up on this topic!

No I now see where you are coming from. I think its dumb howw people ar eafraid to say merry christmas, it just breaks out a whole new can of politically correct worms. I use xmas cause its shorter to type. when I say it, it's christmas. J.C. is the man! :D

sinned said:
Hey guys,

Den

WoW... GOOD FOR YOU! CONGRATS... couldn't ask for a better early x-mas present huh? :) anyhow... it's been a long journey... enjoy yourself!

Good showing sinned. I really makes me happy to see one's perserverence (i prolly did not spell that correctly), pay off. You undoubtedly deserve it. I may be seeing you at UMDNJ next year. Good job once again.

1992Corolla said:

Thanks! Temple was my second choice and when I called the office to see whether or not I was accepted, it was kind of disheartening to learn that I was still under-review instead of getting an early acceptance...well good luck at Temple!

Den

Dr. Parm said:
Good showing sinned. I really makes me happy to see one's perserverence (i prolly did not spell that correctly), pay off. You undoubtedly deserve it. I may be seeing you at UMDNJ next year. Good job once again.

Hope to see you there also!!!

Thanks everybody it's awesome to get some support. I didn't even list my interviews in the official 2005 interview thread since I didn't want to get over my head. I wanted to be humble throughout this whole process so that I will get what I deserve...and I'm so glad my dream came true!!! :D

Great job man, Congrats

I got alot of respect for people who work harder and reapply to get in. Its so easy to just give up. Way to persevere.

SirShagaLot said:
Hey sinned, if i don't get in this cycle i want to take some post-bac. classes as well. What kind of courses did u take, how many credits ..etc..? WHat kind of program? Thanks, and congrats.
:cool:

I took all the general classes such as bio w/lab, chem w/lab, physics w/lab, ochem w/lab and about 5 upper division classes (microbio, biochem, heredity, bio of human sexuality, and physiology.) it was close to 50 semester units and a non-certificate program.

sinned said:
I took all the general classes such as bio w/lab, chem w/lab, physics w/lab, ochem w/lab and about 5 upper division classes (microbio, biochem, heredity, bio of human sexuality, and one other.) it was close to 50 semester units and a non-certificate program.

hey sinned, did u take all those post bac. classes (the 5 upper division classes) in one semester? also the other classes u listed are undergrad. level, u didn't take those post. bac. did u? :idea:

I took some general sciences at UCSD but I did not really try hard, so I ended up getting average grades. With that in mind, I entered into the Post-Bac program and retook all the general sciences w/lab and the 5 upper division courses. I took microbio with some of the general science courses. Then the next semester I took biochem and physiology with one of the physics lab I had to complete. Then during summer I took the heredity class and bio of human sexuality. So, no I didn't take it in one semester. I wouldn't recommend that as grades are the most important...

sinned said:
I took some general sciences at UCSD but I did not really try hard, so I ended up getting average grades. With that in mind, I entered into the Post-Bac program and retook all the general sciences w/lab and the 5 upper division courses. I took microbio with some of the general science courses. Then the next semester I took biochem and physiology with one of the physics lab I had to complete. Then during summer I took the heredity class and bio of human sexuality. So, no I didn't take it in one semester. I wouldn't recommend that as grades are the most important...

I agree, grades are most important, i'm just trying to get a feel for the max. post. bac. credits i should take in one semester, while working full time as well.
Thanks for the help. ME :cool:

Congrats "Sinned"! your hard work should be an inspiration for many of us.

Comet208 said:
Congrats "Sinned"! your hard work should be an inspiration for many of us.

Thanks, I hope so...I had to take the DAT twice also, even though I had an AA of 21 on the first one! :eek: