I can't concentrate.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrazyFox

Ex-Pre-Pharmie
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is soo frustrating!!!!! I can't concentrate!!!!! I just can't concentrate on my chemistry homework today.This is sooo frustrating I couldn't concentrate the whole weekend!!!!UGH!! Any help?

Members don't see this ad.

This is soo frustrating!!!!! I can't concentrate!!!!! I just can't concentrate on my chemistry homework today.This is sooo frustrating I couldn't concentrate the whole weekend!!!!UGH!! Any help?

Which class is that ? I may be able to help.

Which class is that ? I may be able to help.
Gen Chem 2. Now you know why I can't apply next year.I do understand the concepts and can apply them but, it's just I am allover the place with the thoughts.Or maybe I am just lazy this weekend

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for offering the help.:)

Gen Chem 2. Now you know why I can't apply next year.I do understand the concepts but, it's just I am allover the place with the thoughts.

Cheer up, you are a smartie !!!!!!

Just turn off comp/TV off for a while, drink some hot black tea and try to work it out. What's topic is this homework on ?

Thanks for offering the help.:)

Of course, you are one of my most favorite SDNers, too bad you live sooo far away, otherwise I'd love to meet you.

Cheer up, you are a smartie !!!!!!

Just turn off comp/TV off for a while, drink some hot black tea and try to work it out. What's topic is this homework on ?

Partially on redox but most o the stuff is on the electrochemistry.

Eeeeeek, can't help you much there, sorry. I't s been like 3 years since I've taken Gen chem. :(

Eeeeeek, can't help you much there, sorry. I't s been like 3 years since I've taken Gen chem. :(

It's okay. I can handle on my own, but just can't concentrate...(probably because I am too excited about the shopping I've done on the weekend:laugh:)

It's okay. I can handle on my own, but just can't concentrate...(probably because I am too excited about the shopping I've done on the weekend:laugh:)

Hehehe, meet too - I've been shopping all weekend( got a super cute fabric bag.)

Hey, BTW - I found the best website in the world - it's called forum.purseblog.com - if you like bags, you'll love the website. But they also have a section - Deals and Steals - where people post a bunch of coupons for stores like Macy's and Nordstrom and talk about upcoming sales. :thumbup:

I gotta stop distracting you though, sorry. :oops: Good luck, podruzhka !!!!

:love:

Hehehe, meet too - I've been shopping all weekend( got a super cute fabric bag.)

Hey, BTW - I found the best website in the world - it's called forum.purseblog.com - if you like bags, you'll love the website. But they also have a section - Deals and Steals - where people post a bunch of coupons for stores like Macy's and Nordstrom and talk about upcoming sales. :thumbup:

I like bags but my biggest weakness is shoes. One of the reasons why i don't go to the upper end stores like Macy's and Nordstrom because I will go to the shoe section and buy myself shoes.( Today I bought 3 pairs I am feelng soo guilty like I ate banana split ice cream while being on the diet :laugh:) Okay I am outta here

A couple of good things to know: red cat and an ox.......reduction at the cathode.....oxidation at the anode. Anode is like anions...they are negative. Cathode is like cations...they are positive. The electrical current moves from negative to positive (I think). Also.....Leo the lion goes ger. Leo.......loss of electrons is oxidation. Ger.....gain of electrons is reduction. Reducing agents are oxidized and oxidizing agents are reduced.

Members don't see this ad :)
A couple of good things to know: red cat and an ox.......reduction at the cathode.....oxidation at the anode. Anode is like anions...they are negative. Cathode is like cations...they are positive. The electrical current moves from negative to positive (I think). Also.....Leo the lion goes ger. Leo.......loss of electrons is oxidation. Ger.....gain of electrons is reduction. Reducing agents are oxidized and oxidizing agents are reduced.

Here is another one for you, CrazyFox

OIL Oxidation is loosing
RIG Reduction is gaining

Good luck!

Will that make somebody concentrate ?

Some people yeah....In the others causes outburst of creativity and there are some folks that will go to the raves non-stop. Luckily I am non of them.

I don't know...In Physics (I believe) I learned that current moves from positive to negative. But this is chemistry, so you may be right...

i hated gen chem 2...now i'm off to do anatomy, which is up there w/gen chem 2...

i hated gen chem 2...now i'm off to do anatomy, which is up there w/gen chem 2...

I looved anatomy, partially because the professor was great and crazy and really really fun.
I am not gonna say I am exactly in love with gen chem....

Thanks guys for help!!!!

I don't know...In Physics (I believe) I learned that current moves from positive to negative. But this is chemistry, so you may be right...

You made me second guess myself.....so I looked it up. For galvanic cells the current does go from neg to poz. In electrolytic cells the current goes from poz to neg......however, electrolytic cells require energy from an outside power source. The galvanic cells use the change in chemical PE between the products and reactants. Most electrochemistry in gen chem deals with the galvanic cell.

Some people yeah....In the others causes outburst of creativity and there are some folks that will go to the raves non-stop. Luckily I am non of them.

And crazyfox means non-stop.

another trick is oil rig...oxidation is loss & reduction is gain (of electrons)

Has no one ever heard LEO says GER (loss of electrons is an oxidation, and gain of electrons is a reduction)?

deleted. not worth it....Didn't mean the whole Electrochemistry thing...

Has no one ever heard LEO says GER (loss of electrons is an oxidation, and gain of electrons is a reduction)?

I like this one...:)

I have! "LEO the lion goes GER!"

I would just like to add that I'm studying the same thing in Gen Chem II right now...and I also do NOT like Gen Chem II. I liked Chem I...I like chemistry...but I am not enjoying this semester. Problem after problem!!:thumbdown: 14 more days!

I would just like to add that I'm studying the same thing in Gen Chem II right now...and I also do NOT like Gen Chem II. I liked Chem I...I like chemistry...but I am not enjoying this semester. Problem after problem!!:thumbdown: 14 more days!

yeah...same thing can't wait for gen chem to be over. Just think of it as a necessary evil.