I didn't apply early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PT Hopeful2

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Procrastination got the best of me and I ended up applying to most schools ~2 weeks before their deadline. I'm currently a little worried because I just found out that many of the schools I applied to use rolling admissions. My stats are pretty solid, and I'd hate for the reason that I didn't get in be because I didn't apply early enough.

-Biology degree from a good state school
-3.62 cGPA, 3.6-3.9 Pre-req GPA
-167V 157Q 4.0W
-TA, secretary of a club, research experience, work experience at a big pharmaceutical company.

Really just looking for a little encouragement. Did any of you apply "late" and still get in?
 
Procrastination got the best of me and I ended up applying to most schools ~2 weeks before their deadline. I'm currently a little worried because I just found out that many of the schools I applied to use rolling admissions. My stats are pretty solid, and I'd hate for the reason that I didn't get in be because I didn't apply early enough.

-Biology degree from a good state school
-3.62 cGPA, 3.6-3.9 Pre-req GPA
-167V 157Q 4.0W
-TA, secretary of a club, research experience, work experience at a big pharmaceutical company.

Really just looking for a little encouragement. Did any of you apply "late" and still get in?
With that GRE V score you'll be fine wherever has a seat for you, just relax and try to do something besides worry about your application the next few months (I say this having spent so much worrying about mine when I was in your shoes)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With that GRE V score you'll be fine wherever has a seat for you, just relax and try to do something besides worry about your application the next few months (I say this having spent so much worrying about mine when I was in your shoes)

What makes you place that much importance on the verbal score?
 
I applied on the last day of the cycle and am now a 2nd year student in a PT program that had rolling admissions. You'll be fine.
 
What makes you place that much importance on the verbal score?

1. because it is so high
2 In one of my interviews the director said that the verbal score of GRE was the best predictor of future success or something along those lines. This was also a 2 cycles ago so who knows.