i don't know what to do now....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brie07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, i've taken the dat again this morning and looks to me, that i'm in a bit of a rut. i can't seem to get myself over the 18+ hill. i've studied for about 2 months, i thought i was fully prepared. the last time i took it i got basically the same scores, and it didn't work out to my advantage that time, so if i apply again with these close to same scores its not going to get me anywhere. This time around i found it to be way harder. Tne first time around the bio was pretty basic straight out of kaplan material , but this time there were soo many "out-there" type questions, i'm lucky i got the same score. Chem and orgo was about the same, pat i thought was ok, reading a bit easier(probably bc i've been doing so many passages)..lol, and math i thought was easier, but obviously not as seen below. Soo,,, anyways this time around i used kaplan, topscore and destroyer. Destroyer helped a lot in the gchem/orgo area. Kaplan was good for the basics.

Overall..
Bio 18
Gchem 18
Orgo 18
pat 18
rc 17
QR 15

....all for now, i guess its masters for me, for next year!

Members don't see this ad.

So, i've taken the dat again this morning and looks to me, that i'm in a bit of a rut. i can't seem to get myself over the 18+ hill. i've studied for about 2 months, i thought i was fully prepared. the last time i took it i got basically the same scores, and it didn't work out to my advantage that time, so if i apply again with these close to same scores its not going to get me anywhere. This time around i found it to be way harder. Tne first time around the bio was pretty basic straight out of kaplan material , but this time there were soo many "out-there" type questions, i'm lucky i got the same score. Chem and orgo was about the same, pat i thought was ok, reading a bit easier(probably bc i've been doing so many passages)..lol, and math i thought was easier, but obviously not as seen below. Soo,,, anyways this time around i used kaplan, topscore and destroyer. Destroyer helped a lot in the gchem/orgo area. Kaplan was good for the basics.

Overall..
Bio 18
Gchem 18
Orgo 18
pat 18
rc 17
QR 15

Your scores aren't so bad except for the QR portion. I think you can get in somewhere if you have a high gpa. plus, you can always take the test again.

skyisblue,
what would qualify as a 'high gpa'? I have about a 3.45gpa with my science just a tad lower at prob around a 3.40, and my #1 choice is U Maryland, I'm in state. According to Kaplan their average gpa is 3.4 and average DAT is 18.7, but I'm not really sure what this means in the big picture...? :scared:

skyisblue,
what would qualify as a 'high gpa'? I have about a 3.45gpa with my science just a tad lower at prob around a 3.40, and my #1 choice is U Maryland, I'm in state. According to Kaplan their average gpa is 3.4 and average DAT is 18.7, but I'm not really sure what this means in the big picture...? :scared:

If you know exactly where you want to go, call them and see what they have to say....your scores aren't so bad.

some of the hardest schools to get in are in california...a friend of mine had over a 3.5 gpa and average dat scores and got into a state school....your gpa looks good to me, you can always improve on dat though if you want to ensure a seat

Members don't see this ad :)

Overall..
Bio 18
Gchem 18
Orgo 18
pat 18
rc 17
QR 15

Recent score posts have been lower. Don't feel bad just yet. Just try again for a third. You're almost there.

my gpa is pretty good, roughly a 3.5. I applied for my masters next year in biomedical engineering because everyone needs a back up plan. Anyways all for now...

my gpa is pretty good, roughly a 3.5. I applied for my masters next year in biomedical engineering because everyone needs a back up plan. Anyways all for now...

Thats my plan too, I dont want to sit at home for a year, I am planning to get my masters in chemistry in a year!

thats not a bad idea. I think I'll get on the masters as a backup as well. good luck to you.

i think its def a good idea since some schools i talked to said that they think it looks bad to have no acedemic activity for a year. So i might as well, plus there is always a chance that u never get in, and u need a back up