I don't understand...

Started by Solidus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Solidus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a senior in HS and thinking about becoming a pharmacist. I applied to UCI, UCSD, UCLA, and UCSB. I put as my major in November computer science, but I'm willing to make a change of majors on my first day of college. Now, I go to one of these colleges, take some courses required by a pharmaceutical school in the course of two years, take the PCAT, and apply to another college, but this time one that is a certified Pharmaceutical school?
Thank you for the help, and sorry for all the other topics I made.

😕
 
Part of being a Pharmacist is Critical Reading. I asked where and how should I complete my pre-requisite coursework on a forum designed to help people on this exact subject, yet I get redirected to an FAQ which does not seem to answer any of my questions directly. lrn 2 reading


Anyway, I got help elsewhere, so that will leave you free to (hopefully) go bother someone else.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Part of being a Pharmacist is Critical Reading. I asked where and how should I complete my pre-requisite coursework on a forum designed to help people on this exact subject, yet I get redirected to an FAQ which does not seem to answer any of my questions directly. lrn 2 reading


Anyway, I got help elsewhere, so that will leave you free to (hopefully) go bother someone else.

HAHA. So you finally read the FAQ and got your answers. Good job. 🙄
 
you can choose ANY major (this is seriously a foreign concept to many people in college doing pre-pharm/pre-med/etc.) . for me , i chose an easy, enjoyable major which gave me a lot of time to do well on my pre-reqs for pharm school.


yes, after you apply for undergrad, attend college, complete a degree in any major but complete all the pharm pre-reqs of each particular school (which is technically not necessary as some pharm schools accept people who have just completed necessary coursework at a jc without a degree), and then apply to pharm schools (not all require PCAT such as all of the pharm schools in Cali)