I emailed the lab faculty and got email back

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

soyicecream

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi I am currently working at a lab at ucsd school of medicine
and found out that one of the pharm school I wanted to apply has a lab research program very much related to what I am doing right now.
so i emailed him last night and he emailed me back today saying he wants to talk to me, and he left his phone number..
oh gosh I dont know if it will help me get in or not.
does anyone know if having same research interest helps at all?
 
hi I am currently working at a lab at ucsd school of medicine
and found out that one of the pharm school I wanted to apply has a lab research program very much related to what I am doing right now.
so i emailed him last night and he emailed me back today saying he wants to talk to me, and he left his phone number..
oh gosh I dont know if it will help me get in or not.
does anyone know if having same research interest helps at all?


Well it certainly doesn't hurt. If you think about it, a professor left his phone number to talk to you. If he didnt care at all about it, why even bother giving you a call in the first place. So, its definately a good thing! 👍 At the same time, when you do speak with him, make sure you know what you're talking about, because he's probably pretty damn knowledgable about the field you're studying.