I feel bad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an interview for my top choice school... But I do feel I made the worst interview ever... :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I had an interview for my top choice school... But I do feel I made the worst interview ever... :mad:

haven't quite gone through it yet....but from what i've been told...if you think you did bad, you did...and if you think you nailed it, you did. but good luck on however it turns out.

Members don't see this ad :)
haven't quite gone through it yet....but from what i've been told...if you think you did bad, you did...and if you think you nailed it, you did. but good luck on however it turns out.

Actually, based on what I've read here, that's not always the case. I've read plenty of threads on here where people who think they nailed the interview were rejected and people who think they bombed the interview were accepted.

As for the OP, I know how you feel. The same thing happened to me :laugh: :(

What is the reason you think you boomed your interview?

Hang in there, I'm sure you did alright! Was it your first interview? if so maybe you aren't use to them and are analyzing it incorrectly. Which school was it?

He/ she didn't have his/her Buffalo interview yet. I'm going to guess it was Columbia.

I also felt like I went into one interview and didn't ROCK it - but at the same time I don't think I messed up (or had the worst interview ever).....

I wish they'd tell us how much the interview really matters ---- I understand that if you really impress them, that can put you over the edge and get you in. But at the same time, I know schools still look at EVERYTHING - your entire application.

Do other people agree? I just hope you can still get in if you didn't feel like you ROCKED it.

Don't fret mate!

You can look at it from multiple angles. One, now you know what to improve on. Two, I, too, heard many people say they bombed the interview and then cry out loud "I GOT IN". I would stop feeling bad about the interview that has already passed and focus on the next one. :thumbup::thumbup:

Good luck, I hope you get in (so as long as you don't take my spot :p)

Thanks guys...

10 days left...

Good Luck to you all.

Your bad feelings about your interview will make you even more grateful when you finally receive your acceptance. I am sure you did not do as badly as you thought.