I feel overwhelmed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samiam0252003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't know about anyone else, but I feel overwhelmed this semester, my senior year at MSU and got all these courses and exams and finding more ways to make money because this summer pretty much sucked all the money out of me with applying to dental schools and now there are some interviews to think about or if I can afford to go to them....and then waiting for other schools to do anything, like pittsburgh and such.....:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, but you are sittin on three interviews. That is a nice place to be. A very nice place.

I feel your pain... my semster is rough as well... hey, but you have to do what you have to do...find a stress relief method:)
good luck at those interviews, you're almost there:luck:
Ld

Members don't see this ad :)
My preprofessional counselor told me that if you get three interviews you are sitting on a 90% chance to get into one of them. Anyone else hear a stat like that?

It makes some sense seeing that all the schools are trying to get the same applicants.

samiam when did youhear from OSU?

Don't know about anyone else, but I feel overwhelmed this semester, my senior year at MSU and got all these courses and exams and finding more ways to make money because this summer pretty much sucked all the money out of me with applying to dental schools and now there are some interviews to think about or if I can afford to go to them....and then waiting for other schools to do anything, like pittsburgh and such.....:eek:

where are you from?

My preprofessional counselor told me that if you get three interviews you are sitting on a 90% chance to get into one of them. Anyone else hear a stat like that?

It makes some sense seeing that all the schools are trying to get the same applicants.

I'd say more like 75%. In my experience, counselors tend to be optimistic when they're giving rough estimates...Snag another interview and then I think you'll get in for sure to one of them.

Overwhelmed? Wait until your first term in dental school. Then you'll be in another level of "overwhelmed."

Overwhelmed? Wait until your first term in dental school. Then you'll be in another level of "overwhelmed."

Well, I'm used to being overwhelmed when it comes to school. I feel like I can control it (ex. I study, do homework, read books, get help...). But this kind of "overwhelmed" totally sucks because it's more of the suspense type. You don't know what's going on with the application, if something got lost, if the letter will be written soon, if we'll get an interview, how long for them to update, etc. I feel helpless basically. That's why I hate this whole application process. As for dental school, I'm not even thinking about it...

Overwhelmed,

Get into Case and you'll love the new PBL cirriculum. It is outlined in the material they send out to you. Plenty of study time and its real easy on a marriage!:)

I heard from OSU about a couple of days ago by e-mail and I'm from Michigan. Yeah I'm usually stressed out every school term, getting readjusted, but right now seems more than usual with interviews and being broke. But yeah, I understand that when I go to dental school, it'll be another level of being overwhelmed and broke...so can't wait for the fun ;)