I freaking DESPISE Kaplan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuperSaiyan3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
why are there so many bloody errors in this "PREMIUM" prep book?

I've just spent nearly 45 minutes trying to figure out what I had done wrong in a calculation for physics. Finally just found out that Kaplan had done the calculation wrong because they subbed in the WRONG NUMBER. GAH!!!!!

SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!

i want my money back. My satisfaction was lost after the first 10 mistakes that I spotted in this book, starting from:

-"intrinsic factor is produced from chief cells"... uh no. I learned in physio that it's from parietal cells. i even double checked on wikipedia.

to

- many other shenanigans.

unfortunately i already wrote on the book and only have about 150 pages left of the THOUSANDs that they left me to read.

Think I can still argue my way into getting my money back?

Members don't see this ad.

does this mean that other people should not buy the book? I was thinking about buying it just because the online thing tells you exactly which section you are weak in and it has a online diagnostic test along with 3 other online FLT.

supersaiyan3 .... i think it's personal ... they're probably somewhere on a beach earning 20 percent laughing their a** off right now. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably want to get used to it. Review books from now until you take all your steps in med school will have errors, its just the nature of the beast. No one is perfect and when a company writes a 500 page review book it will inevitably have errors. Most will fix them in future editions or put out errata (I bet if you called Kaplan they would have a list of errata for you).

Its just the way it is. If its going to freak you out this bad, quit now because all the books you'll use for future tests will have the same problem.

Everyone at my school sucks off Kaplan since they are the biggest name prep company..

One girl told me she's going to get a 40 on the mcat since she's in a Kaplan class and everyone who takes that class gets at least a 35..

I just walked away laughing...

Everyone at my school sucks off Kaplan since they are the biggest name prep company..

One girl told me she's going to get a 40 on the mcat since she's in a Kaplan class and everyone who takes that class gets at least a 35..

I just walked away laughing...

Here i was thinking that hard work was the key.... she's in for a rude awakening:laugh: