I give up!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothpaste2006

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

so before the AADSAS cycle begins... i calculated my GPA (based on a lack of admission for 2007 cycle, i got rejected because my DAT was soo low).

So here is what I calculated, i am re-writing my DAT soon.

Any advice on which schools i should apply would be really appreciated.. Also, i am from vancouver, canada

BCP GPA w +/- system= 3.41
BCP GPA without +/-=3.28

Science GPA w +/- = 3.46
Science GPA w/o +/-= 3.40

Non-science GPA w +/-= 3.73
Non-science GPA w/o +/-=3.60

Cumulative GPA w +/-= 3.54
Cumulative GPA w/o +/-= 3.39

Thanks so much!:) :hardy: :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

your gpa isnt that bad....can you share your dat score so i can avoid it?
thank you

Hi all,

so before the AADSAS cycle begins... i calculated my GPA (based on a lack of admission for 2007 cycle, i got rejected because my DAT was soo low).

So here is what I calculated, i am re-writing my DAT soon.

Any advice on which schools i should apply would be really appreciated.. Also, i am from vancouver, canada

BCP GPA w +/- system= 3.41
BCP GPA without +/-=3.28

Science GPA w +/- = 3.46
Science GPA w/o +/-= 3.40

Non-science GPA w +/-= 3.73
Non-science GPA w/o +/-=3.60

Cumulative GPA w +/-= 3.54
Cumulative GPA w/o +/-= 3.39

Thanks so much!:) :hardy: :D :D

yes thankyou I too would like to avoid your DAT score because your gpa is not that bad!?? What did you get?

Members don't see this ad :)
your GPA is nice....its above average for some d-schools.

Hi all,
my DAT scores were horrendous! i didnt study very well because it was during exam time. Also, I wrote the canadian DAT. I got 19 on AA, 20 chem, 18 bio, RC -17, PAT-13, these scores totally blew my application out the window. I am sad that i didnt do well on the DAT, because i may have had a good chance at NYU or howard atleast... i applied really early too, in june to be precise.

Also, i have over 1000 hours shadowing, volunteer/ec/scholarships ( at my school, my GPA actually translates to much higher), the whole science and BCP GPA also lowers my scores because i got a D+ in orgo... this may also be another reason that i didntget in. I am not repeating the course again.. i will just apply to a few schools such as nyu, howard, meharry, marq ( i m also a minority student), overall i guess my gpa is ok (except for that d+ in a pre-req).
So i am studying for the american DAT.. i m using kaplan, campbell for bio, any advice on how to improve on RC and PAT, organic chem is another story.. actually im not that bad at it, its just that summer a lot of wrong things happened so i cudnt focus, getting a D+ in anything is out of my transcript and out of character.
So, now i am just studying to ace the DAT and maybe gain an interview atleast somewhere. Any support/help/comments will be appreciated.
thanks all

one thing... when i contacted schools to find out why i didnt get in (i knew the answer was primarily dat but i wanted to make sure i do all that i can)...they all said, ur app was really good except for ur dat scores... it seems like u also rushed through it.. u shud have had higher dat...so there..
i m depressed about the fact that i didnt get in but its my fault, i shud have done a lot more, i gave up easy.. this time i m gonna put up a fight. Also, i dont have a lot of money to apply to these schools... so i m looking at another post here about the complete list of schools and their GPA, i m picking the bottom ones off of that.

Dont be depressed.

I applied to U of T with a 3.79 this year gpa best two years and didnt get in.
If i wait a year ill have 3.89 but i feel that isnt good enough because this year you needed a 3.88 just for an INTERVIEW! yikes..

WEstern i had best two years 89.2 and My reading comp screwed me for everything!!!!!

I had 21 chem, 20 biol. 17 RC (1 mark off for western!) and 20 PAT and 26 Carving.

So trust me.. if there is anyone that should be depressed thats ME ME ME ME for reading comp. ANd i dont get it.. i mean they say there is correlation to reading comp scores and how well of a student you are.. but i swear that is not true. Im living proof that that is soo not true. so yea unfair :(

Hi CanGirl.. i am sooo sorry that you are also frustrated like me.. but ur marks are way better than mine. i am soo sorry to hear this... but dont worry, we can do it.. hang in there girl. We will reapply and we will give it our all for american schoools.... are you from toronto ? i m.. i m just completing my undergrad and am now lookin for things to do before i reapply. this really sucks but i guess canadian schools are impossible with my scores.

Hi CanGirl.. i am sooo sorry that you are also frustrated like me.. but ur marks are way better than mine. i am soo sorry to hear this... but dont worry, we can do it.. hang in there girl. We will reapply and we will give it our all for american schoools.... are you from toronto ? i m.. i m just completing my undergrad and am now lookin for things to do before i reapply. this really sucks but i guess canadian schools are impossible with my scores.

Just focus on the PAT and you will be okay!! Stop stressin' mama!! You'll be alright!!!

Marion

thanks marion, sexiest DMD ever. If that display pic is of you, then you really are the sexiest DMD ever...lol.
I am stressing cuz there are thousands and thousands of applicants from which only a select few will be chosen. Its a 25% chance isnt it? 1/4 to get in? Its getting tough in here you guys.

thanks marion, sexiest DMD ever. If that display pic is of you, then you really are the sexiest DMD ever...lol.
I am stressing cuz there are thousands and thousands of applicants from which only a select few will be chosen. Its a 25% chance isnt it? 1/4 to get in? Its getting tough in here you guys.

Be easy mama.. you'll be fine!!

Marion