I got a question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jclaude2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I'm new to the predental forum. I just wanted to know if it is going to be late if I take my DATs in august 2008 and apply to dental school and I want to enter dental school in 2009. that means i wont be applying to dental school until september 2008 will that be considered late to start dental school at 2009?
thank u

Members don't see this ad.

August is a bit late basically.

and September is very late, so unless your carrying a 3.7+ and a 23+ your risking a lot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi
I'm new to the predental forum. I just wanted to know if it is going to be late if I take my DATs in august 2008 and apply to dental school and I want to enter dental school in 2009. that means i wont be applying to dental school until september 2008 will that be considered late to start dental school at 2009?
thank u

It might be late try taking it earlier if it is humanly possible.

It's ok if you take the DAT in August... it's not early, but it's not really too late either. The important thing is to submit your application before that... DON'T WAIT UNTIL AFTER YOUR DAT! It takes 4-6 weeks to process your application so get your application in ASAP. You can submit your DAT scores after you take it in August.... if you wait until september to submit, the schools won't even look at your app until late october or november... whereas if you submit your app in June and then take the test in August, the schools can start reviewing it within 2 weeks of your test.