I got advised for pre-health today!!! BOOYAHHH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trance Ninja

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is a really good feeling to know exactly what lies ahead of you.

I went to a pre-health seminar at my school hosted by the head of the pre-health advisory committee. There was supposed to be a lot of people there... but I was the only one there.

I got to talk to her one on one for about an hour asking her every question I could think of.

After all of that, I changed my major, got insight on how better to study, gained a few contacts, and left feeling a lot better :thumbup:

She said "you have a lot of school left, child"... for anyone that read my "I failed chem2 twice" thread. And apparently my gpa is better than I thought. sweet :laugh:

so if you havent talked to your advisor yet... flippin do it already :p

Members don't see this ad.

It is a really good feeling to know exactly what lies ahead of you.

I went to a pre-health seminar at my school hosted by the head of the pre-health advisory committee. There was supposed to be a lot of people there... but I was the only one there.

I got to talk to her one on one for about an hour asking her every question I could think of.

After all of that, I changed my major, got insight on how better to study, gained a few contacts, and left feeling a lot better :thumbup:

She said "you have a lot of school left, child"... for anyone that read my "I failed chem2 twice" thread. And apparently my gpa is better than I thought. sweet :laugh:

so if you havent talked to your advisor yet... flippin do it already :p

Congratulations. Now welcome to the brutal hell we all call "applying to medical school". We welcome you.

Yup, it's a good feeling knowing you're on the right path, isn't it? Just stay focused and try to keep your motivation steady until you graduate. It's a LONG ROAD from here....

Members don't see this ad :)
keep your chin up and get some rocking grades, and take everything on SDN with a handful of salt.
Welcome to the clique of neurotic pre-meds!

Congratulations. Now welcome to the brutal hell we all call "applying to medical school". We welcome you.

Brutal Hell!!! You are reading my mind!!!

Just curious why (and to what) you changed your major right after meeting with the advisor...

Aside from that, congrats on having a good advising session that helped you better prepare for your future. I highly recommend a repeat of these kind of sessions whether it's with your premed advisor or within your major department as a way of making sure you stay on track and also know about all the resources and opportunities available to you! Good luck!

She said what do you enjoy? I said bio and japanese.

She said... and your major is international business?

me-well yeeeeeahhhh... I really like Japanese, but I dont like business.

I looked at all of the recommended elective courses, and said might as well haha :p