Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

I got in NSUCOM

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by NewNick, Dec 2, 2005.

1. NewNick

NewNick COMP 2010
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yeah........ NSUCOM was my first interview and I got accepted. I love Nova. The staff was great. The students were friendly and helpful. The Dean was rock. I will have interviews at KCOM and DMU pretty soon. If I got more acceptances, it will be very difficult for me to choose.

Nova rocks.

:thumbup:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sundarban1

Sundarban1 Devil in disguise
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Congrats, where you from? Stats?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NewNick

NewNick COMP 2010
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Sorry, because of my security, I can't share with you my stats now. I still have some more interviews and I didn't get the offical letter of acceptance yet. My MCAT is average. My GPAs are above average. I guess, I had good letters of recommendation.

Thanks for your support. :D

4. mj1878

mj1878 Water good...
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    What?!?

5. Sundarban1

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Oh, one of THOSE acceptances...lol. Nevermind.

:laugh:

6. MikeyLu2010

MikeyLu2010 UT Longhorns Alumni
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I Got In ..too!!!! I Heart Nova As Well :)

7. sasevan

sasevan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi everyone,
    I'm currently completing pre-med reqs. Hoping to go to med school in Fall 2007. NSU is my number one choice.
    Wondering about pre-med reqs at NSU. specifically:

Does 8 credit hours in biology (including lab) mean 2 lectures and 2 labs or 8 credit hours as long as 2 lectures equal 6 credits and 1 lab 2 credits for the total of 8???

Thanks in advance. :)

8. Sundarban1

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I believe each class needs to have a lab associated with it. If you took bio 1 and 2 and on your transcript the bio lab is shown as 2 credits I think you're good as long as that lab is for biology 1 and 2 combined and not some random lab elective unrelated to biology.

9. sasevan

sasevan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey Sundarban1,

Thanks for the info.
    My situation: Bio I (3 cr), Bio I Lab (2 cr), Bio II (3 cr), Bio II Lab (2 cr). I already took Bio I, Bio I Lab, and Bio II for 8 credits. I haven't yet taken Bio II Lab and would like not to. I have the required 8 credits in Bio but I'm not sure if that's enough since I don't have the second lab.
    Peace.

10. Sundarban1

5+ Year Member

Medical Student

I believe you must take the lab associated with bio 2 lecture. The minimum requrement is 8 credits because most undergraduate schools have a 3 credit lecture and a 1 credit lab, or a combined lecture and lab worth 4 credits on transcripts.

Therefore, just because your school counts the bio 1 as 3 credits and bio 1 lab as 2 credits does not mean you can skip bio 2 lab.

I would call schools to confirm this, but I believe this is correct. The bottom line is you need 8 semester hours of biology courses (usually bio 1 and 2), each with an associated lab.

11. sasevan

sasevan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks again. I'll check it out.

12. drjds

drjds Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

What??!!! :confused:

13. NUcat1

NUcat1 Member
    5+ Year Member

I have been waiting for AWHILE to hear back from them and I sent in my stuff long time ago. How long did you guys wait to hear bout an interview?? is it still early in the admissions process?? everytime i call they say they're still looking at my file. any advice???

14. kaikai128

kaikai128 Yes SIR. ;-)
    5+ Year Member

I don't know that there really is anything else that you can do as long as they have everything that they were asked for (LORs, MCATs released, etc).

15. Airzonk

Airzonk Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I was accepted to NOVA with a undergrad gpa 3.0, grad gpa 3.7 and a 26Q MCAT if that helps anyone gauge their numbers for NOVA. However, I'm quite sure there is way more to it than that.

16. ping1050

ping1050 Member
    7+ Year Member

I was accepted with a 27 MCAT(all 9s) and a 3.3 overall and 3.2 sci. Big increasing trend though since my freshman year was a 2.8.

17. MikeyLu2010

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    airzonk, ping.. are you guys set on going to NSU?? or are you going somewhere else?

just wondering :)

18. Airzonk

Airzonk Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    NOVA seems like a really solid school. I will go unless I am accepted to my state MD schools I applied to.

19. ping1050

ping1050 Member
    7+ Year Member

I am a Michigan resident and was also accepted to Michigan State COM, so it will be a touch choice to pick between those two schools.

20. osli

osli Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Put me on the accepted list. :thumbup:

21. MikeyLu2010

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    congrats everyone once again...:D