I got in NSUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewNick

COMP 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah........ NSUCOM was my first interview and I got accepted. I love Nova. The staff was great. The students were friendly and helpful. The Dean was rock. I will have interviews at KCOM and DMU pretty soon. If I got more acceptances, it will be very difficult for me to choose.

Nova rocks.

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

NewNick said:
Yeah........ NSUCOM was my first interview and I got accepted. I love Nova. The staff was great. The students were friendly and helpful. The Dean was rock. I will have interviews at KCOM and DMU pretty soon. If I got more acceptances, it will be very difficult for me to choose.

Nova rocks.

:thumbup:

Congrats, where you from? Stats?

Sundarban1 said:
Congrats, where you from? Stats?

Sorry, because of my security, I can't share with you my stats now. I still have some more interviews and I didn't get the offical letter of acceptance yet. My MCAT is average. My GPAs are above average. I guess, I had good letters of recommendation.

Thanks for your support. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
NewNick said:
Sorry, because of my security, I can't share with you my stats now. I still have some more interviews and I didn't get the offical letter of acceptance yet. My MCAT is average. My GPAs are above average. I guess, I had good letters of recommendation.

What?!?

NewNick said:

Oh, one of THOSE acceptances...lol. Nevermind.

:laugh:

I Got In ..too!!!! I Heart Nova As Well :)

Hi everyone,
I'm currently completing pre-med reqs. Hoping to go to med school in Fall 2007. NSU is my number one choice.
Wondering about pre-med reqs at NSU. specifically:

Does 8 credit hours in biology (including lab) mean 2 lectures and 2 labs or 8 credit hours as long as 2 lectures equal 6 credits and 1 lab 2 credits for the total of 8???

Thanks in advance. :)

sasevan said:
Hi everyone,
I'm currently completing pre-med reqs. Hoping to go to med school in Fall 2007. NSU is my number one choice.
Wondering about pre-med reqs at NSU. specifically:

Does 8 credit hours in biology (including lab) mean 2 lectures and 2 labs or 8 credit hours as long as 2 lectures equal 6 credits and 1 lab 2 credits for the total of 8???

Thanks in advance. :)

I believe each class needs to have a lab associated with it. If you took bio 1 and 2 and on your transcript the bio lab is shown as 2 credits I think you're good as long as that lab is for biology 1 and 2 combined and not some random lab elective unrelated to biology.

Sundarban1 said:
I believe each class needs to have a lab associated with it. If you took bio 1 and 2 and on your transcript the bio lab is shown as 2 credits I think you're good as long as that lab is for biology 1 and 2 combined and not some random lab elective unrelated to biology.

Hey Sundarban1,

Thanks for the info.
My situation: Bio I (3 cr), Bio I Lab (2 cr), Bio II (3 cr), Bio II Lab (2 cr). I already took Bio I, Bio I Lab, and Bio II for 8 credits. I haven't yet taken Bio II Lab and would like not to. I have the required 8 credits in Bio but I'm not sure if that's enough since I don't have the second lab.
Peace.

sasevan said:
Hey Sundarban1,

Thanks for the info.
My situation: Bio I (3 cr), Bio I Lab (2 cr), Bio II (3 cr), Bio II Lab (2 cr). I already took Bio I, Bio I Lab, and Bio II for 8 credits. I haven't yet taken Bio II Lab and would like not to. I have the required 8 credits in Bio but I'm not sure if that's enough since I don't have the second lab.
Peace.

I believe you must take the lab associated with bio 2 lecture. The minimum requrement is 8 credits because most undergraduate schools have a 3 credit lecture and a 1 credit lab, or a combined lecture and lab worth 4 credits on transcripts.

Therefore, just because your school counts the bio 1 as 3 credits and bio 1 lab as 2 credits does not mean you can skip bio 2 lab.

I would call schools to confirm this, but I believe this is correct. The bottom line is you need 8 semester hours of biology courses (usually bio 1 and 2), each with an associated lab.

Sundarban1 said:
I believe you must take the lab associated with bio 2 lecture. The minimum requrement is 8 credits because most undergraduate schools have a 3 credit lecture and a 1 credit lab, or a combined lecture and lab worth 4 credits on transcripts.

Therefore, just because your school counts the bio 1 as 3 credits and bio 1 lab as 2 credits does not mean you can skip bio 2 lab.

I would call schools to confirm this, but I believe this is correct. The bottom line is you need 8 semester hours of biology courses (usually bio 1 and 2), each with an associated lab.

Thanks again. I'll check it out.

I have been waiting for AWHILE to hear back from them and I sent in my stuff long time ago. How long did you guys wait to hear bout an interview?? is it still early in the admissions process?? everytime i call they say they're still looking at my file. any advice???

I don't know that there really is anything else that you can do as long as they have everything that they were asked for (LORs, MCATs released, etc).

I was accepted to NOVA with a undergrad gpa 3.0, grad gpa 3.7 and a 26Q MCAT if that helps anyone gauge their numbers for NOVA. However, I'm quite sure there is way more to it than that.

I was accepted with a 27 MCAT(all 9s) and a 3.3 overall and 3.2 sci. Big increasing trend though since my freshman year was a 2.8.

airzonk, ping.. are you guys set on going to NSU?? or are you going somewhere else?

just wondering :)

mikeypo0 said:
airzonk, ping.. are you guys set on going to NSU?? or are you going somewhere else?

NOVA seems like a really solid school. I will go unless I am accepted to my state MD schools I applied to.

mikeypo0 said:

I am a Michigan resident and was also accepted to Michigan State COM, so it will be a touch choice to pick between those two schools.

Put me on the accepted list. :thumbup: