NewNick

COMP 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Yeah........ NSUCOM was my first interview and I got accepted. I love Nova. The staff was great. The students were friendly and helpful. The Dean was rock. I will have interviews at KCOM and DMU pretty soon. If I got more acceptances, it will be very difficult for me to choose.

Nova rocks.

:thumbup:

Sundarban1

Devil in disguise
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2004
MA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
NewNick said:
Yeah........ NSUCOM was my first interview and I got accepted. I love Nova. The staff was great. The students were friendly and helpful. The Dean was rock. I will have interviews at KCOM and DMU pretty soon. If I got more acceptances, it will be very difficult for me to choose.

Nova rocks.

:thumbup:

Congrats, where you from? Stats?

NewNick

COMP 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Sundarban1 said:
Congrats, where you from? Stats?

Sorry, because of my security, I can't share with you my stats now. I still have some more interviews and I didn't get the offical letter of acceptance yet. My MCAT is average. My GPAs are above average. I guess, I had good letters of recommendation.

Thanks for your support. :D

About the Ads

mj1878

Water good...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2002
Barnes and Noble, studying as usual.
mj1878.wordpress.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
NewNick said:
Sorry, because of my security, I can't share with you my stats now. I still have some more interviews and I didn't get the offical letter of acceptance yet. My MCAT is average. My GPAs are above average. I guess, I had good letters of recommendation.

What?!?

Sundarban1

Devil in disguise
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2004
MA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
NewNick said:

Oh, one of THOSE acceptances...lol. Nevermind.

:laugh:

sasevan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2003
Miami
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hi everyone,
I'm currently completing pre-med reqs. Hoping to go to med school in Fall 2007. NSU is my number one choice.
Wondering about pre-med reqs at NSU. specifically:

Does 8 credit hours in biology (including lab) mean 2 lectures and 2 labs or 8 credit hours as long as 2 lectures equal 6 credits and 1 lab 2 credits for the total of 8???

Thanks in advance. :)

Sundarban1

Devil in disguise
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2004
MA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
sasevan said:
Hi everyone,
I'm currently completing pre-med reqs. Hoping to go to med school in Fall 2007. NSU is my number one choice.
Wondering about pre-med reqs at NSU. specifically:

Does 8 credit hours in biology (including lab) mean 2 lectures and 2 labs or 8 credit hours as long as 2 lectures equal 6 credits and 1 lab 2 credits for the total of 8???

Thanks in advance. :)

I believe each class needs to have a lab associated with it. If you took bio 1 and 2 and on your transcript the bio lab is shown as 2 credits I think you're good as long as that lab is for biology 1 and 2 combined and not some random lab elective unrelated to biology.

sasevan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2003
Miami
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Sundarban1 said:
I believe each class needs to have a lab associated with it. If you took bio 1 and 2 and on your transcript the bio lab is shown as 2 credits I think you're good as long as that lab is for biology 1 and 2 combined and not some random lab elective unrelated to biology.

Hey Sundarban1,

Thanks for the info.
My situation: Bio I (3 cr), Bio I Lab (2 cr), Bio II (3 cr), Bio II Lab (2 cr). I already took Bio I, Bio I Lab, and Bio II for 8 credits. I haven't yet taken Bio II Lab and would like not to. I have the required 8 credits in Bio but I'm not sure if that's enough since I don't have the second lab.
Peace.

Sundarban1

Devil in disguise
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2004
MA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
sasevan said:
Hey Sundarban1,

Thanks for the info.
My situation: Bio I (3 cr), Bio I Lab (2 cr), Bio II (3 cr), Bio II Lab (2 cr). I already took Bio I, Bio I Lab, and Bio II for 8 credits. I haven't yet taken Bio II Lab and would like not to. I have the required 8 credits in Bio but I'm not sure if that's enough since I don't have the second lab.
Peace.

I believe you must take the lab associated with bio 2 lecture. The minimum requrement is 8 credits because most undergraduate schools have a 3 credit lecture and a 1 credit lab, or a combined lecture and lab worth 4 credits on transcripts.

Therefore, just because your school counts the bio 1 as 3 credits and bio 1 lab as 2 credits does not mean you can skip bio 2 lab.

I would call schools to confirm this, but I believe this is correct. The bottom line is you need 8 semester hours of biology courses (usually bio 1 and 2), each with an associated lab.

sasevan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2003
Miami
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Sundarban1 said:
I believe you must take the lab associated with bio 2 lecture. The minimum requrement is 8 credits because most undergraduate schools have a 3 credit lecture and a 1 credit lab, or a combined lecture and lab worth 4 credits on transcripts.

Therefore, just because your school counts the bio 1 as 3 credits and bio 1 lab as 2 credits does not mean you can skip bio 2 lab.

I would call schools to confirm this, but I believe this is correct. The bottom line is you need 8 semester hours of biology courses (usually bio 1 and 2), each with an associated lab.

Thanks again. I'll check it out.

NUcat1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2005
Status (Visible)
I have been waiting for AWHILE to hear back from them and I sent in my stuff long time ago. How long did you guys wait to hear bout an interview?? is it still early in the admissions process?? everytime i call they say they're still looking at my file. any advice???

Airzonk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2003
Pittsburgh
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I was accepted to NOVA with a undergrad gpa 3.0, grad gpa 3.7 and a 26Q MCAT if that helps anyone gauge their numbers for NOVA. However, I'm quite sure there is way more to it than that.

ping1050

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2005
Status (Visible)
I was accepted with a 27 MCAT(all 9s) and a 3.3 overall and 3.2 sci. Big increasing trend though since my freshman year was a 2.8.

MikeyLu2010

UT Longhorns Alumni
10+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2005
Houston, TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
airzonk, ping.. are you guys set on going to NSU?? or are you going somewhere else?

just wondering :)

Airzonk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2003
Pittsburgh
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
mikeypo0 said:
airzonk, ping.. are you guys set on going to NSU?? or are you going somewhere else?

NOVA seems like a really solid school. I will go unless I am accepted to my state MD schools I applied to.

ping1050

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2005
Status (Visible)
mikeypo0 said:

I am a Michigan resident and was also accepted to Michigan State COM, so it will be a touch choice to pick between those two schools.

osli

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Put me on the accepted list. :thumbup:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.