I got interview invitation from USC .. questions..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluesolic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know what my chance is .. to get into USC..?

I heard that USC invites around 500 people for interview and accept about 150 people which is less than 50%.

so I am very nervous since I just got one interview from USC..

and the sad thing is that I can't even prepare for the interview since it is PBL interview system which is making me more nervous..

also I am worrying about if they still consider the academic stat after the interview ( I don't have good academic stat, especially DAT.. so if they consider the academic stat after interview, then............... : (

Please let me know what acceptance percentage out of 500 people if you guys know something about USC acceptance rate.

Thank you and I hope all you guys can have good chance in this cycle too !

Members don't see this ad.

I'd check the ADEA guide (pg 32 or 34 I think) if you want the exact number of OOS people they interview and accept. This value is likely to be higher for pre-Dec interviews and lower for post-Dec.

A lot of schools score your interview and factor it into your holistic score so that your stats and ECs still count. Very few schools treat your interview as an all-or-nothing endeavor (UNC is one I believe). If USC's acceptance rate of interviewees are as low as you said, then it would appear that the school casts a wide net and picks for certain qualities in its interviewees. My hypothesis is that the lower the acceptance rate of interviewees, the more important the interview-you're competing against more people and they're stressing soft factors.

Why are you so worried about your stats? If they're giving you an interview, they're willing to accept you (otherwise, they wouldn't commit an interview spot on you). It's up to you to make a good enough impression during your interview to get past the acceptance line. Focus on your communication skills. Since USC is PBL-based, group discussion is huge.

Last edited:
About 300/500. Most of the 300 decline, so they end up with 144 total.
Don't worry about USC interview. It's very relaxed.
First part, you draw 2 questions out of a hat and answer them.
1 question is more of a fun question; the other one is more professional.
1. Would you rather be a dog or a cat?
2. What makes you a good dentist?
Questions like that.
Part 2 is mock PBL. Do not talk over the others.
Sit back and talk when you have a good point.

Most importantly, acknowledge others by saying
"so and so stated that blah blah, which I think is a very good point. I would like to expand on that by blah blah blah.."

You have a good chance to get in USC. However, I wouldn't recommend coming to USC. This school sucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if we need to turn in the files that are attached in our invitation emails, such as applicant profile? I know they want a passport photo, but what about the other attachments?! Thank you so much in advance.

I was wondering if we need to turn in the files that are attached in our invitation emails, such as applicant profile? I know they want a passport photo, but what about the other attachments?! Thank you so much in advance.

Yep send them in

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

They collect them that day.

yea i think you bring it to the interview

just curious, did they collect this at the end of the day?

It was collected before you left for the tour. I think I remember him saying that you could email it to him later if you forgot it, but don't quote me on it haha.