I got lucky again.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anasazi23

Your Digital Ruler
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Get your mind out of the proverbial gutters...

I found an original copy of "A Treatise on the Medical Jurisprudence of Insanity" by I. Ray, M.D. at Strand's (If you've lived in Manhattan, you know the place) for .......

drumroll.........

$20

Original 1838 edition in nearly mint condition. A seminal early forensic psychiatry work. They obviously were charging the price for the remade 1990 edition. Damaged copies are going for over $200 on rare book sites.

Lots of early psychoanalytic stuff. Including compilations of early Freud letters, etc. Let me know if I can pick up something for those so inclined.

Members don't see this ad.

Get your mind out of the proverbial gutters...

I found an original copy of "A Treatise on the Medical Jurisprudence of Insanity" by I. Ray, M.D. at Strand's (If you've lived in Manhattan, you know the place) for .......

drumroll.........

$20

Original 1838 edition in nearly mint condition. A seminal early forensic psychiatry work. They obviously were charging the price for the remade 1990 edition. Damaged copies are going for over $200 on rare book sites.

Lots of early psychoanalytic stuff. Including compilations of early Freud letters, etc. Let me know if I can pick up something for those so inclined.
Hey Sazi, If you know how I could get this book without spending $$$$ that would be great. If you could pm me with info that would be great and I would love to buy this book.