I got my first interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Khenon

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this probably doesn't warrant it's own thread, but I'm so excited I had to announce it. I got my first interview at COMP . . . my top choice! Wish me luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Khenon said:
I know this probably doesn't warrant it's own thread, but I'm so excited I had to announce it. I got my first interview at COMP . . . my top choice! Wish me luck everyone!
aww congrats!!! it does warrant your own thread!! Especially with all this waiting. good luck to you.

WOOHOO!! I'm really happy for you Khenon! When is your interview scheduled for? I know you've probably heard this but read up on osteopathic medicine and know why you've chosen to apply!

Members don't see this ad :)
fireorose said:
aww congrats!!! it does warrant your own thread!! Especially with all this waiting. good luck to you.
Thanks so much! I'm going to be impossible to live with now! :laugh:

Go get them tiger. Good luck....!!!!

JohnDO said:
WOOHOO!! I'm really happy for you Khenon! When is your interview scheduled for? I know you've probably heard this but read up on osteopathic medicine and know why you've chosen to apply!
Thanks JohnDO! I have been reading "The DO" so I'm going to make sure I finish it. I haven't scheduled my interview yet . . . just got the email today. I guess someone will call me in a couple of days. I also heard stem cell research is a big question at COMP. I'll have to do a little reading up on that too. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes! :luck:

Doc2B-Finally said:
Go get them tiger. Good luck....!!!!
Thank you! Thank you! All this support . . . I'm getting teary-eyed! :p

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Congrats and good luck!

Congratulations, and the best of luck, keep us posted!

Go get em.... Also... you might want to give COMP a call. Don't wait for them to call you to schedule your interview. Good luck!

I knew you could do it! Congratulations! And good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

Khenon said:

Congrats! I knew you would get it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Thank you ALL!! I feel so famous! :laugh:

And I will call them today. I was thinking of waiting until Monday, but it sounds like I may as well do it sooner rather than later.

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

EvoDevo said:
Congrats, Khenon!!!!! Kick ass and good :luck:!
Thanks Evo, and congrats to you for your acceptance! I saw it on the non-trad site. I'm sure that's a load off. Now you can enjoy your summer. Woo-hoo!

Khenon,
Congrats

Khenon said:

Congratulations, and very, very well-deserved!

I just scheduled my COMP interview, and booked my plane ticket. Now I'm nauseous. I think I need to calm down. :oops:

Khenon said:
I just scheduled my COMP interview, and booked my plane ticket. Now I'm nauseous. I think I need to calm down. :oops:

Congrats! When you get here, come find me and say hello.

Yes, Yes...congrats...doesn't this feel great? ...enjoy cloud 9 for a while! Good Luck! :cool:

Khenon said:
hey congrats, I'm a current first year here along with a few of us on this board (tkim6599). Feel free to ask anything before, during and after the interview. Those are usually laid back. Main thing though: why DO? why COMP?

alright good luck to you and try to find us where you're around.

Don
just ask for the poker "guy" ;)

Khenon said:
Congrats!!! :thumbup: I wish you all the luck at your interview

Khenon said:

i am so happy for you. ive read your posts...you deserve it!

You guys are all so great. Thanks a ton for the support.

Hey Dr. Don and tkim6599 . . . I'll be in for my interview Feb. 23-25. My actual interview day is Feb. 24 (2:30 pm). I definitely want to find you and get all your insight. Do you guys know if anyone "hosts" interviewees? I'm getting married this summer and am looking to save money anywhere I can. Thanks so much! See you in a couple of weeks! :D

Congrats!!! You deserve it! It only takes one interview to get an acceptance. Best of luck.

Khenon said:
You guys are all so great. Thanks a ton for the support.

Hey Dr. Don and tkim6599 . . . I'll be in for my interview Feb. 23-25. My actual interview day is Feb. 24 (2:30 pm). I definitely want to find you and get all your insight. Do you guys know if anyone "hosts" interviewees? I'm getting married this summer and am looking to save money anywhere I can. Thanks so much! See you in a couple of weeks! :D
Contact the admissions office and they should be able to help you out with that, unfortunately I can't host anyone due to room constraints, sorry :( but email us with questions if you have any and when you get here I'm sure you'll get a tour and be around the first year classroom, so we'll see each other hopefully,

Dr. DOn