madonna

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2005
494
0
los angeles
Status
Medical Student
my completion letter was dated 11/7 and rejection 11/9. wtf? i appreciate the promptness but i feel like they did not even look at my application, my stats are not thaaat bad.
anyone felt that way?
 

DrHuang

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2003
772
1
Status
Resident [Any Field]
madonna said:
my completion letter was dated 11/7 and rejection 11/9. wtf? i appreciate the promptness but i feel like they did not even look at my application, my stats are not thaaat bad.
anyone felt that way?
i got you beat! i got my indiana university rejection letter the same day i got their 'your file is complete' postcard
 

jebus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
2,526
6
Status
Sorry, but this question is wholly obligatory: what school?
Oh, and my sincere condolences.
 
About the Ads

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
3,216
16
Status
Resident [Any Field]
My Stanford rejection came before they even deposited my check.. SOOOO tempting to just cancel the check...
 

DrHuang

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2003
772
1
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Flopotomist said:
My Stanford rejection came before they even deposited my check.. SOOOO tempting to just cancel the check...
wow...im not sure if that beats me for fastest rejection or not...
 

madonna

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2005
494
0
los angeles
Status
Medical Student
desiredusername said:
Sorry, but this question is wholly obligatory: what school?
Oh, and my sincere condolences.
downstate
too bad they cashed the check cuz i would have cancelled it :)
 

DrMike24

eat, drink, and be merry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2005
400
1
Status
Medical Student
Flopotomist said:
My Stanford rejection came before they even deposited my check.. SOOOO tempting to just cancel the check...
Cancel it! That would have been so great!

My univ of s. carolina rejection letter came the same day as my completion letter... what the duece? at least let me think you looked over my file? :mad:
 

45408

aw buddy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
16,957
51
Status
Resident [Any Field]
well, it only takes 10-30 minutes to read someone's application, and yours might've been at the top of the stack.....sorry though. :oops:
 

63768

Guest
10+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2005
2,200
5
Status
Medical Student
the completion letter could have just been sent out really really late. that sucks but at least they didn't string you along.
 

jebus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
2,526
6
Status
Frankly, given my druthers, I would take a quick rejection. Last year I got all my rejections around March 15th - post 2º, no interview. It would have been great to just get it over with rather than jerking me around.
Oh, wait, I was in the "hey, you're sort of competitive but not quite" pool? You kept my hopes up unnecessarily? You invite applicants to interview through March? That makes it better.
 

md2010???

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2005
33
0
Status
Pre-Medical
about the quick rejection, maybe sent out the "complete" notice the day your file was sent to the committee for review....just a guess. don't get too down about it, just be glad it's over!

What sucks more than a quick rejection is an April rejection. If you get rejected right away at least you're not in denial for 5 months :)
 

Apparition

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 5, 2002
1,574
1
Visit site
Status
I've been complete at Downstate since August and heard absolutely nothing. Anyone else been complete for a million years?
 

temmie

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2005
362
1
NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Flopotomist said:
My Stanford rejection came before they even deposited my check.. SOOOO tempting to just cancel the check...
YOu should have for reals
 

hanjoko

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2005
140
0
Status
desiredusername said:
Frankly, given my druthers, I would take a quick rejection. Last year I got all my rejections around March 15th - post 2º, no interview. It would have been great to just get it over with rather than jerking me around.
Oh, wait, I was in the "hey, you're sort of competitive but not quite" pool? You kept my hopes up unnecessarily? You invite applicants to interview through March? That makes it better.
Arr....I feel you.

I know that I shouldn't complain. I know that I should be patient. I know that there is nothing I can do now except to wait. Ya...I know. But I just feel *a little* anxious about the outcomes. Just *a little.*

My friends are telling me to calm down and relax, and "what will be will be." It is just that...it is very hard to follow their advice. :(
 

TimmyTheWonderD

Takin' it 1 day @ a time!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2005
690
1
Chicago area
Status
Medical Student
DrMike24 said:
My univ of s. carolina rejection letter came the same day as my completion letter :mad:
Do you have family there? If so, did you state that in your secondary? I am asking because I applied there and would like to be seriously considered by their school - I know they are super short on out of state spots, so I do not hold too much hope. They told me my secondary was complete and that I would hear from them after January??? That is a long time to wait...I have been complete since the end of August. :mad:
 

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2005
798
2
Status
Apparition said:
I've been complete at Downstate since August and heard absolutely nothing. Anyone else been complete for a million years?
yeah, ive been complete since july at suny-downstate.... but i'm on GRADES Hold... which is bullcrap because i have a 3.5!!!!
 

madonna

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2005
494
0
los angeles
Status
Medical Student
theunderdog said:
yeah, ive been complete since july at suny-downstate.... but i'm on GRADES Hold... which is bullcrap because i have a 3.5!!!!
thats what i have, along with a rejection :)
you better have good grades :)
 
About the Ads