i got rejected in two days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madonna

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my completion letter was dated 11/7 and rejection 11/9. wtf? i appreciate the promptness but i feel like they did not even look at my application, my stats are not thaaat bad.
anyone felt that way?

Members don't see this ad.

madonna said:
my completion letter was dated 11/7 and rejection 11/9. wtf? i appreciate the promptness but i feel like they did not even look at my application, my stats are not thaaat bad.
anyone felt that way?

i got you beat! i got my indiana university rejection letter the same day i got their 'your file is complete' postcard

Sorry, but this question is wholly obligatory: what school?
Oh, and my sincere condolences.

Members don't see this ad :)
My Stanford rejection came before they even deposited my check.. SOOOO tempting to just cancel the check...

Flopotomist said:
My Stanford rejection came before they even deposited my check.. SOOOO tempting to just cancel the check...

wow...im not sure if that beats me for fastest rejection or not...

desiredusername said:
Sorry, but this question is wholly obligatory: what school?
Oh, and my sincere condolences.

downstate
too bad they cashed the check cuz i would have cancelled it :)

Flopotomist said:

Cancel it! That would have been so great!

My univ of s. carolina rejection letter came the same day as my completion letter... what the duece? at least let me think you looked over my file? :mad:

I'm sorry to hear that :(. Maybe you're just so overqualified that you scared them off? :)

well, it only takes 10-30 minutes to read someone's application, and yours might've been at the top of the stack.....sorry though. :oops:

the completion letter could have just been sent out really really late. that sucks but at least they didn't string you along.

Frankly, given my druthers, I would take a quick rejection. Last year I got all my rejections around March 15th - post 2º, no interview. It would have been great to just get it over with rather than jerking me around.
Oh, wait, I was in the "hey, you're sort of competitive but not quite" pool? You kept my hopes up unnecessarily? You invite applicants to interview through March? That makes it better.

about the quick rejection, maybe sent out the "complete" notice the day your file was sent to the committee for review....just a guess. don't get too down about it, just be glad it's over!

What sucks more than a quick rejection is an April rejection. If you get rejected right away at least you're not in denial for 5 months :)

I've been complete at Downstate since August and heard absolutely nothing. Anyone else been complete for a million years?

Flopotomist said:

YOu should have for reals

desiredusername said:
Frankly, given my druthers, I would take a quick rejection. Last year I got all my rejections around March 15th - post 2º, no interview. It would have been great to just get it over with rather than jerking me around.
Oh, wait, I was in the "hey, you're sort of competitive but not quite" pool? You kept my hopes up unnecessarily? You invite applicants to interview through March? That makes it better.

Arr....I feel you.

I know that I shouldn't complain. I know that I should be patient. I know that there is nothing I can do now except to wait. Ya...I know. But I just feel *a little* anxious about the outcomes. Just *a little.*

My friends are telling me to calm down and relax, and "what will be will be." It is just that...it is very hard to follow their advice. :(

DrMike24 said:
My univ of s. carolina rejection letter came the same day as my completion letter :mad:

Do you have family there? If so, did you state that in your secondary? I am asking because I applied there and would like to be seriously considered by their school - I know they are super short on out of state spots, so I do not hold too much hope. They told me my secondary was complete and that I would hear from them after January??? That is a long time to wait...I have been complete since the end of August. :mad:

Apparition said:
I've been complete at Downstate since August and heard absolutely nothing. Anyone else been complete for a million years?

yeah, ive been complete since july at suny-downstate.... but i'm on GRADES Hold... which is bullcrap because i have a 3.5!!!!

theunderdog said:
yeah, ive been complete since july at suny-downstate.... but i'm on GRADES Hold... which is bullcrap because i have a 3.5!!!!

thats what i have, along with a rejection :)
you better have good grades :)