I hate the snow!DAT cancelled!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Imrizzle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OH mannnnnn f my life....I had 1.5 weeks off from work studying my butt off on top of leaving early and coming in late for the past 2 months. Trying not to have an anxiety attack the whole time. My friend came over last night from far away to just hang out the night before my exam. Nerves were calm. I was in the ZONE to take the exam, perfect mindset to take the exam. Then bam, call from prometric 2 hours before my exam.... cancelled due to weather...So far this is the worst birthday ever... I also had a vacation planned this weekend to fly to my girlfriends....

I guess I can keep doing destroyer and chad's quizzes to keep things fresh... any other recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry to hear about that! That's really unfortunate... but on the bright side, more time=more practice.
I would probably run a full practice test 2-3 times a week with brief review throughout the week just to keep my mental state in exam mode.

Good luck! I hope they allowed you to reschedule!

Aw, man! I'd be totally annoyed and stressed if I was in your position. Could you not potentially take it a different day this week, so you could still go on your vacation stress-free? I'd just keep doing some light review, but I wouldn't kill myself over it. Do Chad's quizzes and review your notes, do a bit of Destroyer, read a bit in Cliff's/Barron's AP.

If you can't take it at YOUR prometric center, is there any way you could just schedule it at another for, say, tomorrow (or sometime before the weekend)? I think it's completely worth a 2 hour drive if you get to take the test when you feel ready for it.

Well I have been doing destroyer these pass few days, and reviewing random notes, was trying to avoid taking practice exam sections the past 3-4 days in case I didn't get the score I usually got and start to freak out. Most of my practice exams are used, Topscore, Bootcamp, Acheiver's PAT and sciences.

I have the PAT sections from topscore left, and the QR from Achiever . I can mix around with those. I'll probably keep pumping through destroyer, review notes, keep doing PAT drills.

The prometric site is not showing me a way to reschedule. My confirmation number is not being recognized, and in the email they said they are going to send me a new date. I don't know when that's going to though. I think I'm going to have to sit and wait on them, having no idea when my exam is going to be now.... I feel I have been going through the stages of grief recently, with last night being the acceptance stage. Then this happens. I don't even know anymore :scared:.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I am sorry to see that. However, look at the bright side. You get extra time to review the material. I am sure it would benefit you.

Hey guys,

So I finally got in touch with prometric after a week. The one here never answered their phone or responded to messages, I just drove down to see what the deal was. They said they can't reschedule my exam, and I can't get the rescheduling to work online. They forcefully gave me an exam now on Feb 13 at 7:30 AM. I don't want to wait that long, and I really really don't want to take that exam at 7:30 in the morning.

So now they said I have to contact ADA. Gah, I'm beyond tired of this. Just wanted to get this done with. Now I'm stuck, just reviewing destroyer for like the 4th time. I really don't have many practice stuff left. Just redoing old ones.

Hey guys,

So I finally got in touch with prometric after a week. The one here never answered their phone or responded to messages, I just drove down to see what the deal was. They said they can't reschedule my exam, and I can't get the rescheduling to work online. They forcefully gave me an exam now on Feb 13 at 7:30 AM. I don't want to wait that long, and I really really don't want to take that exam at 7:30 in the morning.

So now they said I have to contact ADA. Gah, I'm beyond tired of this. Just wanted to get this done with. Now I'm stuck, just reviewing destroyer for like the 4th time. I really don't have many practice stuff left. Just redoing old ones.

I'd definitely be contacting the ADA ASAP. Explain your situation politely and let them know how much you would REALLY like to go ahead and take the test. I'm sure they can help.

I got it somewhat sorted out. Unfortunately I'm just going to have to wait till Fed 11 to take it. It's the only day that was able to be found near that wasn't at like 8 am, my work is being inflexible also considering how much time I took off closing up to the exam. I am just going to keep doing question drills till then, work on my math which was somewhat lacking some anyway. I'll try to make the best of this :/

Buddy, I think you will do fine. If you 've been studying all along and also worked on that destroyer couple of times, you should be more than well-prepared for the exam. Think of it as positive.

When it comes to taking a test like this, it doesn't matter how much time you initially have because when it's a week or two before the test, that's when you most wish for extra time. Consider yourself lucky to have that extra time without rescheduling the exam yourself.
I am sure you can utilize the time and memorize random biology facts since biology subject is just so random and spreadout.
And do some more PAT practice and some speed reading practice for RC section.
Gen chem and orgo, you shouldn't need much more review if you've done the destroyer couple of times.

You will do fine. I felt like throwing up studying for this damn exam and had massive hair fall (ugh), but the actual test wasn't half as bad as the material that we use to study for it. Have faith in yourself and you will walk out of the prometric center with an unstoppable grin (like I did).