I have a question..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fenrez

AT Stills worst nightmare
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to schools and never heard back from them? My files have been complete since late January, and although I've received a few interviews, I haven't heard anything from at least 4 or 5 schools. If I haven't heard anything by now, should I assume I won't? How long do interviews go on for? I kind of assumed they ended around early April. Is that accurate?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't give up hope yet. Its only mid-March. However, I have heard of some schools (osteopathic and allopathic) who never contacted some applicants at all. That isn't the norm, though. Since all of you secondaries were completed in late Jan, just keep waiting. And feel free to call the schools and check up on the status of your application.

I applied to two allopathic school and three osteopathic schools . I still have not heard from one of the allopathy and two of osteo schools. But I gave up alrady and Iam studying for Mcat . So I am not worried about them. To answer your question, I dont think its too late for osteopathy yet but allopathy schools as for as I know are ALMOST done.
Goodluck , I hope you get the good news soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im pretty much in the same boat. I applied to 7 osteopathic schools and only heard back from 2. I interviewed at NYCOM and was notified by Western that I will not be receiving an interview. You would think that since you did receive secondaries AND paid the application fee that the least they could do is notify the applicant that they arent going to interview you. However, I am not finding this the case. I havent heard back from 5 of the 7 schools which honestly pisses me off. In all fairness, I didnt do great on my MCATs so I can see why they wouldnt want to offer me an interview. But still, let a brotha' know! I actually called LECOM and the lady said that they may not send applicants notification that they will not be receiving an interview. Kind of unprofessional if you ask me.

Anyhow, I am already studying for the April MCAT and dont even check the mailbox anymore. It is too frustrating so I decided to focus my energy in a more positive light. Good luck to everyone!

Fred

Of the schools that I've applied to I am still waiting to hear something (anything) from over half of them. If it makes you feel a little better, today I received an interview invite from PCSOM for April 13th.

Don't give up hope just yet, I'm sure there will be a lot of movement in the classes.

Good luck!
-Melissa :)

Well, guys, same ol' story, eh? You spend all of this hard cash to apply and get not even a card saying "forget it". Very upsetting, but I do know your pain.

As for me, this was my second year applying...and decided to only apply to the one I wanted. However, my first application year, I applied to several. And, of those probably only heard from half. Sigh...what's the world coming to? ha ha.

As for interviews, most MD schools are finished. At least this is the case for those I'm familar with. Usually by this time of the year, they are full and have alternate list that could line an interstate.

As for DO schools (my personal favorite), they interview up into May sometimes (which would only seem logical). So, don't give up hope from hearing from them.

As for the last person who responded about the April interview at PCSOM...GOOD LUCK!! I interviewed in March, and got in!! So, dreams do come true. Maybe we'll be classmates!

To all...if you're dedicated, don't loose faith, the love for medicine will always shine through...and sometimes when u least expect it. :clap:

I'd call the schools you haven't heard from and ask the status of your app. I had an allopathic school (fortunately didn't care too much about it) that kept my status incomplete for 3 months due to a paperwork error.
Most schools have helpful admissions staffs and know that this year has been a challange.
I actually would have missed another interview if I didn't call the school, they didn't hava my correct address!
So, it it's been a while...give 'em a call. Be polite and let them know you just want to make sure everything is in order (they have complete file) and your address, etc is correct.
Good luck!