i have a question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmwannebe2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i just graduated high school and i am going to college in a month. the state i am living in doesn't let you practice pharmacy as a tech unless you have taken the ptcb or the class that takes about 10 months. now i am going to move to a different state that doesn't care whether you take the ptcb or a class...you don't need any test or class to be tech. so i was thinking during school of volunteering at the pharmacy of a hospital. which by the way is a mile from campus and i don't have a car :(. so to continue will i be able to be hired as a tech just for summer? and if i want to be hired as a tech in retail...next summer should i talk to the pharmacy manager or should i just fill out an application online and hope for the best. what have you all done in the past?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't think that most places would want a tech just for the summer since it takes a fair amount of training to get you up to speed.

You'd be surprised; they too need people to cover all of the vacations everyone wants to take!

Members don't see this ad :)
ButlerPharm.D. said:
You'd be surprised; they too need people to cover all of the vacations everyone wants to take!

mahaha lazy techs with vacations.

i believe it is easier cause a lot of kids i know who are going to the same college as me are already working as techs...of course they just graduated high school....so i dunno. i know one person who is a pharmacology/tox major and she is working in a freaken pharmacy. so i figure if a pharm/tox kid can do it i can. plus there is a pharmacy near campus when i was visiting and then had a help wanted sign.