i have a question

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by pharmwannebe2, Jul 23, 2006.

1. pharmwannebe2

pharmwannebe2 Senior Member

Pharmacy Student
    so i just graduated high school and i am going to college in a month. the state i am living in doesn't let you practice pharmacy as a tech unless you have taken the ptcb or the class that takes about 10 months. now i am going to move to a different state that doesn't care whether you take the ptcb or a class...you don't need any test or class to be tech. so i was thinking during school of volunteering at the pharmacy of a hospital. which by the way is a mile from campus and i don't have a car :(. so to continue will i be able to be hired as a tech just for summer? and if i want to be hired as a tech in retail...next summer should i talk to the pharmacy manager or should i just fill out an application online and hope for the best. what have you all done in the past?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. patmcd

patmcd Senior Member
    Pharmacist

Pharmacist
    I wouldn't think that most places would want a tech just for the summer since it takes a fair amount of training to get you up to speed.

4. ButlerPharm.D.

ButlerPharm.D. Honor Before Glory

Pharmacist
    You'd be surprised; they too need people to cover all of the vacations everyone wants to take!

5. pharmwannebe2

Pharmacy Student
    mahaha lazy techs with vacations.

6. pharmwannebe2

Pharmacy Student
    i believe it is easier cause a lot of kids i know who are going to the same college as me are already working as techs...of course they just graduated high school....so i dunno. i know one person who is a pharmacology/tox major and she is working in a freaken pharmacy. so i figure if a pharm/tox kid can do it i can. plus there is a pharmacy near campus when i was visiting and then had a help wanted sign.