I have an interview at MWU-CPG!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueclassring

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was notified today that I have an interview with MWU-CPG. This is my first choice, and I am lucky to have a shot at getting into their school. mY application was completed one week ago exactly. They are very efficient, and the people at the adcom office will tell you if you are invited to an interview or not.

My stats are by no means spectular (3.29 PharmCAS/3.09 Science GPA/ 98% PCAT score), and I was surprised that I landed an interview. I believe that my work experience, extracurricular activities landed me this opportunity. Also I am an older student with 5 years corporate experience. Mostly, I also believe that my personal statement was instrumental in their decision. (This will make or break your application in most cases.)

Do any current students have advice on how to prepare for the interview? HOw do you like the school? The adcom people that this is a closed file interview, so they will not know your stats.

My advice for those applying. Apply now. And don't let a low GPA deter you. I didn't think I had a chance because so many of my collegues here have better GPAs than me. They had over 1500 applications last year for 130 spots, and they only interview 350 people.

Oh yeah. NExt interviews are scheduled for Dec 19. Those interviewing in the Spring will be scheduled for jan 9-jan 13. That's all I know. Hope to talk to others about MWU. :)

Members don't see this ad.

My stats are pretty close to yours, so you gave me hope.

I just got an interview too!!! YAYYYYY!!!! :laugh: and I thought I was lost hope.... LOL! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview too...dec 19!!!! woo hoo!

I'll see you folks there on the 19th. It should be an experience!!! Let's all get in together....

blueclassring said:
I was notified today that I have an interview with MWU-CPG. This is my first choice, and I am lucky to have a shot at getting into their school. mY application was completed one week ago exactly. They are very efficient, and the people at the adcom office will tell you if you are invited to an interview or not.

My stats are by no means spectular (3.29 PharmCAS/3.09 Science GPA/ 98% PCAT score), and I was surprised that I landed an interview. I believe that my work experience, extracurricular activities landed me this opportunity. Also I am an older student with 5 years corporate experience. Mostly, I also believe that my personal statement was instrumental in their decision. (This will make or break your application in most cases.)

Do any current students have advice on how to prepare for the interview? HOw do you like the school? The adcom people that this is a closed file interview, so they will not know your stats.

My advice for those applying. Apply now. And don't let a low GPA deter you. I didn't think I had a chance because so many of my collegues here have better GPAs than me. They had over 1500 applications last year for 130 spots, and they only interview 350 people.

Oh yeah. NExt interviews are scheduled for Dec 19. Those interviewing in the Spring will be scheduled for jan 9-jan 13. That's all I know. Hope to talk to others about MWU. :)

Your PCAT score is awesome! When did you take the PCAT?

I took the PCAT back in July. I thought the exam was pretty tough considering the lack of time we were give for each section. I am fortunate I guess....

congrats everyone on getting an interview!! believe me, that is one huge accomplishment! i'm a 1st yr at CPG so if you have any questions about the school or the interview, please feel free to PM me and i'll do my best to help you. as far as interview prep goes, i just looked at the interview feedback section on sdn when i was preparing for mine and like 99% of the questions they asked me were from there. it is a close filed interview, so they won't have any of the grades, resume, or whatever in front of them. they just want to get to know you and your motivations for becoming a pharmacist. oh yeah, and i may be giving the campus tour that day so i might just see you all there!