I have an interview at UGA!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starsweet

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't believe it! They don't even have my 2nd letter of rec yet. I'm so excited.

Anyone know the interview process for UGA? I know that it is really hard to get in, even if you have an interview and even as an in state student.

Members don't see this ad.

starsweet said:
I can't believe it! They don't even have my 2nd letter of rec yet. I'm so excited.

Anyone know the interview process for UGA? I know that it is really hard to get in, even if you have an interview and even as an in state student.

That is great news starsweet! :thumbup: Congrats! That new A in Organic will help things! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
starsweet said:
Thanks!! Yeah, I hope so! :)

i applied to uga for fall too..whats your gpa and pcat score? mine is 3.4 and 79% so i am trying to get higher gpa by end of spring and im taking the pcat again in jan...i wonder how they will decide on my app

So awsome!!! Congratulations! It is a hard school to get into, I applied there also. I haven't heard anything yet. GOOD LUCK!!!

jlee8023 said:
i applied to uga for fall too..whats your gpa and pcat score? mine is 3.4 and 79% so i am trying to get higher gpa by end of spring and im taking the pcat again in jan...i wonder how they will decide on my app

Thanks guys!! My overall GPA is 3.2, PCAT 91%. As for GPA, though, they have told me they calculate a pre-pharm GPA which they base their admissions on more than the overall GPA. My pre-pharm GPA is a lot higher than my overall. Hope this helps! They do have a high PCAT average (in the 90s) so taking it again can only help. I will be taking it again in January as well (b/c my Chem score was low).

starsweet said:
Thanks guys!! My overall GPA is 3.2, PCAT 91%. As for GPA, though, they have told me they calculate a pre-pharm GPA which they base their admissions on more than the overall GPA. My pre-pharm GPA is a lot higher than my overall. Hope this helps! They do have a high PCAT average (in the 90s) so taking it again can only help. I will be taking it again in January as well (b/c my Chem score was low).

well good luck, i am taking at georgia perimeter ..yes i do live in ga. god i hope i get into uga ..i think i can if i get pcat in the 90's dont you think? and all the classes ive taken in college so far was pre pharm so..yea its 3.4..the two C's brought it down a whole lot

tell me how your application process goes for UGA! im still confused how they decide the interview list anyway

jlee8023 said:
well good luck, i am taking at georgia perimeter ..yes i do live in ga. god i hope i get into uga ..i think i can if i get pcat in the 90's dont you think? and all the classes ive taken in college so far was pre pharm so..yea its 3.4..the two C's brought it down a whole lot

tell me how your application process goes for UGA! im still confused how they decide the interview list anyway

Thanks jlee, I will let you know how it goes. I remember someone saying on here that they interviewed with UGA last year but didn't get in and their stats were really good (don't remember exactly). Also, I have a friend whose sister applied there 2 years in a row and has not gotten in yet. I found this out recently, I had no idea how hard it is to get in at UGA. I'm really scared actually. I feel that I have a better shot at Mercer. But I think you should definitely get an interview with a PCAT in the 90s and your GPA. Good luck! :luck: