Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

I have an interview at UGA!

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by starsweet, Dec 18, 2005.

1. starsweet

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I can't believe it! They don't even have my 2nd letter of rec yet. I'm so excited.

Anyone know the interview process for UGA? I know that it is really hard to get in, even if you have an interview and even as an in state student.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Smilescali

Smilescali Almost there...
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist

That is great news starsweet! :thumbup: Congrats! That new A in Organic will help things! :laugh:

4. starsweet

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Thanks!! Yeah, I hope so! :)

5. jlee8023

jlee8023 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

i applied to uga for fall too..whats your gpa and pcat score? mine is 3.4 and 79% so i am trying to get higher gpa by end of spring and im taking the pcat again in jan...i wonder how they will decide on my app

6. beccala33

beccala33 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    So awsome!!! Congratulations! It is a hard school to get into, I applied there also. I haven't heard anything yet. GOOD LUCK!!!

7. starsweet

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Thanks guys!! My overall GPA is 3.2, PCAT 91%. As for GPA, though, they have told me they calculate a pre-pharm GPA which they base their admissions on more than the overall GPA. My pre-pharm GPA is a lot higher than my overall. Hope this helps! They do have a high PCAT average (in the 90s) so taking it again can only help. I will be taking it again in January as well (b/c my Chem score was low).

8. jlee8023

jlee8023 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

well good luck, i am taking at georgia perimeter ..yes i do live in ga. god i hope i get into uga ..i think i can if i get pcat in the 90's dont you think? and all the classes ive taken in college so far was pre pharm so..yea its 3.4..the two C's brought it down a whole lot

tell me how your application process goes for UGA! im still confused how they decide the interview list anyway

9. starsweet

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Thanks jlee, I will let you know how it goes. I remember someone saying on here that they interviewed with UGA last year but didn't get in and their stats were really good (don't remember exactly). Also, I have a friend whose sister applied there 2 years in a row and has not gotten in yet. I found this out recently, I had no idea how hard it is to get in at UGA. I'm really scared actually. I feel that I have a better shot at Mercer. But I think you should definitely get an interview with a PCAT in the 90s and your GPA. Good luck! :luck: