I have another job interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rph3664

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's a phone interview, but hey, it's a start.

And there's a reason why I decided to post it here.

I applied for this job last summer.

So, maybe things aren't as hopeless as I thought? We'll see.

Members don't see this ad.

It's a phone interview, but hey, it's a start.

And there's a reason why I decided to post it here.

I applied for this job last summer.

So, maybe things aren't as hopeless as I thought? We'll see.
Good luck to you rph3664! I am in the same boat!!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received a call on Tuesday to interview for a hospital job I applied for in July. Maybe we heard from the same place? :p Mine wasn't for a phone interview though. I have no hospital experience, but really want to do well in this interview. I really don't know what to expect. I'm so nervous!

I just received a call on Tuesday to interview for a hospital job I applied for in July. Maybe we heard from the same place? :p Mine wasn't for a phone interview though. I have no hospital experience, but really want to do well in this interview. I really don't know what to expect. I'm so nervous!

They had 4 openings at the time, so it's possible. Two of them were posted on the same day, which made me think that either a husband and wife gave their notice on the same day, or maybe the hospital is expanding and they added 2 positions? I sure hope they're not doing what my last employer is doing, which is getting rid of all the B.Sc.Pharms who are at the top of the pay scale and replacing them with Pharm.D./PGY1s who they can pay less because they have less experience.

... replacing them with Pharm.D./PGY1s who they can pay less because they have less experience.

3664 - When they ask "Why should we hire you?" - Would you be willing to reply: because I'm willing to work for <insert new grad wage>, but I have tons of experience with X,Y, and Z!"

I had the phone interview earlier this afternoon, and I thought it went well. :) I was correct about the hospital expanding, and they did imply that it might be a while before I hear any more from them. That's okay, as long as they are honest with me.

The pharmacy director asked me what a PGY was! :wow:

ETA: This hospital is in a different state, in a city about 200 miles away. He said that the pharmacy school in their area (my alma mater, BTW) does not place the emphasis on residencies that the schools in my area do.

Last edited:
Glad your interview went well! I don't think we're interviewing at the same place after all. The place that called me only has one opening. Did they quiz you a lot in the interview? I have no idea what to expect for mine. I have never interviewed for a hospital position before. I'm worried about embarrassing myself. :oops: