Birthday cake remix
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2004
Glen Cove, NY
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I have a quick question for all of you.......I got pimped on what is the other name for the ovarian artery..........My attending didn't want gonadal artery, and the only thing we could find was Samson's artery which is the phrenicular branch of the ovarian......we don't think it is that either, so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know..........it is possible he just made it up, he doesn't like students knowing answers to his questions I guess.

klmr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2004
Status
It is sampson's...we got pimped on that as students too :)

cremaster2007 said:
I have a quick question for all of you.......I got pimped on what is the other name for the ovarian artery..........My attending didn't want gonadal artery, and the only thing we could find was Samson's artery which is the phrenicular branch of the ovarian......we don't think it is that either, so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know..........it is possible he just made it up, he doesn't like students knowing answers to his questions I guess.

Quijotemd

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
Status
This is a great example of what's wrong with medical education in this country. Who gives a crap what the name is? All you need to know is to understand its location and relevance in pathophysiology and surgery, etc. This just underscores the lack of thought faculty employ in their teaching.
Just my 2 cents.

OP
cremaster2007

cremaster2007

Birthday cake remix
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2004
Glen Cove, NY
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Quijotemd said:
This is a great example of what's wrong with medical education in this country. Who gives a crap what the name is? All you need to know is to understand its location and relevance in pathophysiology and surgery, etc. This just underscores the lack of thought faculty employ in their teaching.
Just my 2 cents.

I agree I am a third year on my 3rd rotation and my first ever with any type of surgery and that was the first question he asked me. He said 3rd years are stupid and don't know anything, and then proceeded to ask me more questions, a few of which I got right until I got one wrong then he told me I was a stupid third year again and didn't talk to me the rest of the case.........fantastic experience.

OP
cremaster2007

cremaster2007

Birthday cake remix
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2004
Glen Cove, NY
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
he told us today it is the Anderson artery..................then he asked what are the century veins (deep veins of the penis).................. :thumbup: :scared:

davvid2700

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
Status
Quijotemd said:
Just my 2 cents.
dude i totally agreee with you...

If i knew then what i know now. I would have laughed in his face.. WHo cares what the name of it is? Just teach me the high points.. what to do and what not to do... time is of essence... no time for game playing

Carbo/Taxol

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Quijotemd said:
Just my 2 cents.
Yes...this is what is truly wrong with academic teaching centers...you have faculty that consider "teaching" the ceaseless pimping of useless facts that will have absolutely no clinical significance.