I have questions the AADSASS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cary

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first year applying so I need all you experienced experts to help me out.

Mostly my question is about entering my grades. When it asks for the transcript code, does it need to come from my official transcript? I have my unofficial trans., and the codes are 8 characters long (biol 1210).

My other question is about the AADSASS Course Code 1 Name. Several of my classes don't seem to comply with the list that provide.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't remember about transcript codes, but for the aadsas course codes, you choose the aadsas course code for the course that you think is the closest in content to your class. For example, I took metabolic biochemistry and structural biochemistry and I put the same aadsas code for both of them (the biochemistry one).

Cary,

Don't worry about the transcript codes matching specifically. For the course you mentioned, I would put "BIO121". Remember, you enter the dates when you create a session, so admissions officers will easily be able to match the AADSAS information with the information on your transcripts. They'll only refer to the transcript codes if they have specific questions, in which case they can easily understand that BIO121 = Biol 1210.

Which of your classes don't comply with the provided list? I had several, as does most everyone else, just catergorize them to the best of your ability. The important thing is to make sure that the science classes *are* listed under a science coursename (of course that shouldn't be a problem). Don't worry about Advanced Biology Life Systems & the Life Cycle of Echinodermata not being on the course list. Just choose "Bio, Other". As long as it is listed properly as a science class, then AADSAS will figure out your science and BCPM GPAs just fine.

-G

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys,
I have question for you. What type of format is ideal for listing your awards, volunteer experience, etc. I'm not really sure if I should list the info like this, X scholarship (2001), Dean's List (Winter 2000, Spring 2001), Governor's scholarship grant (Fall 2000).

OR like this:
X scholarship (2001)
Dean's List (Winter 2000, Spring 2001)
Governor's Scholarship Grant (Fall 2000)

OR LIke this:
In Fall 2001 I was awarded X scholarship. I was named to the Dean's List for the Winter 2000 and Spring 2001 quarter's. In Fall 2000, I was awarded the Governor's Scholarship Grant.

I'm confused about how the dental schools want their applicants to list info. I would appreciate it if you could provide me with some feedback, thanks.

•••quote:•••OR like this:
X scholarship (2001)
Dean's List (Winter 2000, Spring 2001)
Governor's Scholarship Grant (Fall 2000)
••••I did it that way. I honestly think though that it doesn't make a bit of difference. Just try to write legibly. They're going to look at your GPA and DATs and maybe check to see if you've shadowed a dentist...the rest is just noise.

iflossdaily,
Thanks for responding so quickly!! That is a good point about the importance of DAT and GPA, but I guess I am just stressing toooo much. I just want to present a coherent and acceptable application and I was leaning towards filling it out as you did.

Other than iflossdaily and probably myself, did you guys fill it out that way too??

iflossdaily,
Thanks for responding so quickly!! That is a good point about the importance of DAT and GPA, but I guess I am just stressing toooo much. I just want to present a coherent and acceptable application and I was leaning towards filling it out as you did.

Other than iflossdaily and probably myself, did you guys fill it out that way too??

yeah, i just labeled my rewards,honors etc

-X award (date)
-x honor (date)
-c award

and so on

The goal is to make it simple for the ADCOM to read. They are not going to spend hours on your application...you'll be lucky if they spend 10 minutes. So keep it simple and easy to read.

DesiDentist