I have zero social life and taking a gap year, will 2,500 hours each clinical/nonclinical look good

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToeTagU

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
or is it overkill? Plan would be to volunteer EMT 50 hours per week and also nonclinical volunteer 50 hours a week (at animal shelter).

Members don't see this ad.

Develop a hobby, treat yo self

Reactions: 7 users
1/10 troll. Try harder

Your Urm latino thread was much better

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You sound boring. NO amount of volunteering will make up for that in an interview.

Reactions: 3 users
Most med schools weed out people with no social life in the application process so I doubt all those hours will even matter for you

Reactions: 1 users
Add in 50 hours per week donating blood for good measure.

Reactions: 1 user
Can you honestly say that you didn't look at 2,500 hours and say to yourself, "this is a horrible troll attempt and I should be ashamed of myself for posting this"?

Try harder.

Reactions: 3 users
Can you honestly say that you didn't look at 2,500 hours and say to yourself, "this is a horrible troll attempt and I should be ashamed of myself for posting this"?

Try harder.
I mean in all fairness Case expects 1,000+ hours of volunteer service.

where did you get this from
somewhere on these forums, I can't recall exactly. It may not be case, but a certain school has a reputation for being super service oriented with successful applicants having around 1,000 hours

I remember seeing that and thinking it couldn't be true, but a lot of people were agreeing on the thread

somewhere on these forums, I can't recall exactly. It may not be case, but a certain school has a reputation for being super service oriented with successful applicants having around 1,000 hours

I remember seeing that and thinking it couldn't be true, but a lot of people were agreeing on the thread

Rush maybe?

Rush (very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

I don't mean to derail the thread, but do the large numbers of hours of healthcare exposure of the average Rush acceptee most often come from clinical jobs? I imagine that they might with a big number like that, but I just wanted to ask for a bit more information if you have it.

Don't know; best to ask in the Rush thread.

I don't mean to derail the thread, but do the large numbers of hours of healthcare exposure of the average Rush acceptee most often come from clinical jobs? I imagine that they might with a big number like that, but I just wanted to ask for a bit more information if you have it.

OP is most likely trolling, but for any freaked out premed thinking they might want to try it too: working 100 hours a week leaves 68 hours per week for everything else. That's under 10 hours per day TOTAL for sleeping, eating, showering, laundry, and commuting, much less recreation time. There's no need to do this to yourself (unless you absolutely have to in order to pay rent and put food on the table, but that's a whole 'nother story).