I just met air bud in Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ckjets

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just met air bud in frisco and he offered me a beer, I was so close to him and I forgot to ask for an autograph

Members don't see this ad.

Did he smell nice?

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree cjkets, it was a pretty special moment

How did interviews go for all the 4th years? And how many rumors did you hear about students signing contracts, getting reamed during an interview, etc? Those were my favorite last year.

I heard he has a tattoo of all the foot and ankle anatomy on the back of his hand - that's why he knows so much! Is it true?!?

I heard he has a tattoo of all the foot and ankle anatomy on the back of his hand - that's why he knows so much! Is it true?!?

Its not a tattoo, it's a birth mark and naturally why he's considered "The Chosen One". He was the 1st person ever that was forced to wear gloves during exams.

Do students usually find out if/where they are being ranked? Or is that not allowed?

Do students usually find out if/where they are being ranked? Or is that not allowed?

Some programs will let you know, or at least tell you you are ranked high. Some like to be very vague about what they think of you.

They are not allowed to ask you where you are ranking them.

Some programs will let you know, or at least tell you you are ranked high. Some like to be very vague about what they think of you.

They are not allowed to ask you where you are ranking them.

Say they broke the rules and asked anyways, wouldn't you just say #1 anyways?

Say they broke the rules and asked anyways, wouldn't you just say #1 anyways?

Does anyone know how often residency directors talk to one another AFTER interviews about what they thought about students? It's a very small profession and I'm worried if I do say something like this when it comes time for interviews, it will back fire and multiple residency directors will confirm I said THEIR program was my #1 choice.

Edit: I know they're technically not supposed to ask how you're ranking programs, but I also know it has happened.

Does anyone know how often residency directors talk to one another AFTER interviews about what they thought about students? It's a very small profession and I'm worried if I do say something like this when it comes time for interviews, it will back fire and multiple residency directors will confirm I said THEIR program was my #1 choice.

Edit: I know they're technically not supposed to ask how you're ranking programs, but I also know it has happened.

VERY small profession.
Just wrapped up interviews, I will offer my thoughts here in a few days. Some real surprises and revelations though. It has been a long, fun, frustrating process. March 20th cant come soon enough.

Also, ckjets was a little disappointed when he met me. He was expecting me to be small and nerdy, hopefully so he could kick my butt. Clearly this wasn't the case and didn't happen

I must have missed the party, since I've been hanging out at 3rd base all week...:naughty:

Anyway, telling every program they're you're #1 is exceedingly stupid. Upperclassmen have told me stories about students who had this strategy blow up in their face. I was never asked about my rankings, but if it happened I would have politely told them that I would not be divulging my rankings.

As for them telling you, some directors keep their card really close to the vest, others give subtle and not-so-subtle clues what they think of you. I have a fairly good idea where I'm going.

As mentioned above, when (not if) directors talk about you amongst each other, they will find out that you're telling everyone the same thing: "You're my #1." This will make them doubt your interest in the program, even your true #1. Even if you somehow match into one of these programs, the director now knows that you will lie in order to impress him/her, and that's not exactly a good start to your career.

I must have missed the party, since I've been hanging out at 3rd base all week...:naughty:

Anyway, telling every program they're you're #1 is exceedingly stupid. Upperclassmen have told me stories about students who had this strategy blow up in their face. I was never asked about my rankings, but if it happened I would have politely told them that I would not be divulging my rankings.

As for them telling you, some directors keep their card really close to the vest, others give subtle and not-so-subtle clues what they think of you. I have a fairly good idea where I'm going.

Hands down ( hands on??) the best part of interviews. I spent plenty of time there too.

As mentioned above, when (not if) directors talk about you amongst each other, they will find out that you're telling everyone the same thing: "You're my #1." This will make them doubt your interest in the program, even your true #1. Even if you somehow match into one of these programs, the director now knows that you will lie in order to impress him/her, and that's not exactly a good start to your career.

Unfortunately there is some shady stuff that goes on, and it sucks for the parties invovled. I have a friend who was told by a program that he was ranked 1 of 2. When they asked him for a commitment and he said he could not do that right now (even though he really wanted to go there), they dropped him to 3.
Another program told a friend of mine that he was in top 2 and invited him to dinner. They said if he declined, it would NOT affect his ranking.
Other stories I will elaborate on in the future...