I just registered to take the GRE on a whim

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrocarKarin

WesternU 2014
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
And I haven't really done any prep. I know about number2.com, are there any other free prep resources I can check out? I don't have a PC, so that rules out the official GRE software.

Members don't see this ad.

my best score was my first attempt. (took it 3 times). All I did was brush up in basic math rules (like area of a circle, opposite interior angles, etc). I knew I had time to take it 2 more times and I SWEAR it made me the least stressed. strange... I just used the gre book that the gre company puts out. it was like 12 bucks.

You should REALLY try to get access to a PC and download the Powerprep software, even if its just to get an idea of the format of the test and how the software works.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input.

I just took it today, and my quantitative score was 580, and verbal was 540. Should I re-take? Or are those ok? The Q seems pretty low to me.

I think it's not an eyebrow-raising score but it seems in line with what many schools have. If you feel like you can improve on Q, do it, but study vocab words too. After I did two GRE books, I was much more ready for the test.

Thanks for the input.

I just took it today, and my quantitative score was 580, and verbal was 540. Should I re-take? Or are those ok? The Q seems pretty low to me.

Its the one single aspect of your application that you can improve in a matter of weeks and at a cost of under $200. Unless you feel your scores were as good as you can do, then retaking will probably be worth while.

Thats at least what I concluded after taking them last week.