I lost my attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spinnerette

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Most frustrating day ever haha. More so than the afternoon when I got 6 ER consults at once, all presenting with new onset psychosis.

I finished up with an intake for a new patient at 3:45. Attending told me to bring the patient to OT to meet the group. I did that and I went to use the bathroom to poop.
He told me to meet at 4 at the OT. I arrived at 4:03.

Everyone was gooooone. Door was locked.
So I went looking for him. The front secretary told me that he went looking for me.
I tried paging but he doesn't have a pager so I spent the past hour looking for him at the psych building. No luck.

I regret popping. That's all I have to say.

Members don't see this ad.

Ummm .. Why did you decide to poop ? Clearly that was not appropriate

Members don't see this ad :)
You must be new to psychiatry, but you should have learned by now that the brain shuts down after 3pm due to circadian rhythm abnormalities in psychiatric patients, therefore, there is no use for psychiatrists in the hospital after that time

The problem on your end is your attending is actually Superman and he had to go off and prevent an asteroid from hitting the Earth. All that Clark Kent BS that he's a journalist is only a red herring to keep the attention off the real guy, your attending.

What you need is one of those Jimmy Olson watches that emits the high frequency noise that only Superman can hear and call for help.

What you need is one of those Jimmy Olson watches that emits the high frequency noise that only Superman can hear and call for help.

Be careful that SOB Jimmy Olson will turn on you

this is the exact reason why i decided on an elective colostomy bag; i can sh*$T and present pateints at the same time....most rewarding, and no wipe:laugh:

Maybe after dropping her next deuce, she'll return. Late again spinnerette.

No I'm still here.
That poop conviction just made my day. Hahaha

I just felt bad because I made my attending work up and down the stairs looking for me.

I just felt bad because I made my attending work up and down the stairs looking for me.

You shouldn't feel bad. You'll spend the next four years on the other end of that stick that you should relish the opportunity for a change.

I realize I'm late to the thread;

But I have a stitch in my side from laughing too hard.
:laugh:

I always come back to the threads to catch up and brighten my day!