-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
I LOVE EVERYONE!!!
Started by jargon124
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CONGRATS, JARGON!!!
You are a verbal GOD!!!
You are a verbal GOD!!!
Awesome scores! Hope I am as lucky! I guess its probably not luck, huh?
Congrats Jargon!!! Beautiful job! You should really be proud of yourself...those are excellent scores. 🙂
Good luck to you in the app. process! 🙂
Raina
Good luck to you in the app. process! 🙂
Raina
those scores made me drool on myself. wow.
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I hope I didn't come across like I was bragging earlier - it's just that my mind was running at like 200 mph and I was literally shaking as I was typing. I extend my congratulations to all who did well and my condolences to those who didn't do as well as they would have liked. Get em next time guys.
As for me, I guess the verbal was a mix of luck and skill - it always was my strongest section but I was not expecting such a strong score. Damn physical sciences! I shouldn't whine though, Im happy with my scores...now if I could only get my app verified I'd be on top of the world!
Thanks again everyone and good luck.
As for me, I guess the verbal was a mix of luck and skill - it always was my strongest section but I was not expecting such a strong score. Damn physical sciences! I shouldn't whine though, Im happy with my scores...now if I could only get my app verified I'd be on top of the world!
Thanks again everyone and good luck.
Amy B
I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Hey Jargon, BRAG ALL you want. Those are great scores. I would dare say most of us on this message board do not consider you bragging if you get such great scores.
Hey, shout it from the roof tops.
😀 😀 😀
Hey, shout it from the roof tops.
😀 😀 😀
Jargon-
I know a bunch of people with excellent scores but I don't know anyone who scored above a 12 on the Verbal. Congrats, that is one bi*ch of a section. I consider myself to be strong verbally and I worked so damn hard on that freakin' verbal section and wasn't quite able to eek out your marks. I wish I could trade my T essays in for a point on one of the other sections.
For those of you who haven't taken the MCAT yet, don't worry too much...I scored a 17 on my first Princeton Review diagnostic (yes, a 17!) with a 6 verbal. But after tons of hard work, scored a 34T. Congrats to all those who did well and to all those who didn't do as well as they'd like---take it one step at a time. Don't think about having to do it all over, but just realize that you know what you have to do and that with a little more work, you'll be there...
I know a bunch of people with excellent scores but I don't know anyone who scored above a 12 on the Verbal. Congrats, that is one bi*ch of a section. I consider myself to be strong verbally and I worked so damn hard on that freakin' verbal section and wasn't quite able to eek out your marks. I wish I could trade my T essays in for a point on one of the other sections.
For those of you who haven't taken the MCAT yet, don't worry too much...I scored a 17 on my first Princeton Review diagnostic (yes, a 17!) with a 6 verbal. But after tons of hard work, scored a 34T. Congrats to all those who did well and to all those who didn't do as well as they'd like---take it one step at a time. Don't think about having to do it all over, but just realize that you know what you have to do and that with a little more work, you'll be there...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your score made my heart stop beating, then all of a sudden it started racing. This phenomenon was observed for 5 seconds after which it stopped again. I later discovered that this behavior was periodic and was rapidly approaching a limit cycle. I'll go ask my doc what he thinks tomorrow. AWESOME SCORE. LIVE IT UP; ENJOY!!!
Thanks again everyone. To answer snowballz question:
I studied on my own (no prep class). I used the Kaplan "Comprehensive MCAT Review" book (cover to cover) and also worked through a bunch of practice tests from the Berkeley review. I began preparing a month before the test - since it was summertime i was fortunate to be able to concentrate all my efforts on mcat studying. I would highly recommend the Berkeley Review practice tests. They are challenging but GREAT for practice. Good luck...
34 or 36? I guess I'll just tell people 36 😉
I studied on my own (no prep class). I used the Kaplan "Comprehensive MCAT Review" book (cover to cover) and also worked through a bunch of practice tests from the Berkeley review. I began preparing a month before the test - since it was summertime i was fortunate to be able to concentrate all my efforts on mcat studying. I would highly recommend the Berkeley Review practice tests. They are challenging but GREAT for practice. Good luck...
34 or 36? I guess I'll just tell people 36 😉
Hey, super job!!!
You know, I wonder why they don't call the 13-15 just 13? Silly mcat.
Are the berkley review practice tests available over the counter or are they part of a course?
🙂 Thanks you stud!!
You know, I wonder why they don't call the 13-15 just 13? Silly mcat.
Are the berkley review practice tests available over the counter or are they part of a course?
🙂 Thanks you stud!!
The Berkeley Review materials are available for ordering online at
www.berkeleyreview.com
I don't think they are sold over the counter at all.
About the test form, for the life of me I can't remember - I am pretty sure it was CP...I don't want to think about it ever again!
www.berkeleyreview.com
I don't think they are sold over the counter at all.
About the test form, for the life of me I can't remember - I am pretty sure it was CP...I don't want to think about it ever again!
Mine was definitely Form CP. I'm afraid that the bio section, which I'm ususally very strong in (13's and 14's on the practice tests), kicked my butt. I think I was thrown by the first section on hummingbird urine, and it was all downhill from there. Still don't have my scores, though.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 14
- Views
- 2K