I love neuro

Started by JudoKing01
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JudoKing01

MS1 in 2 1/2 mos
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I always forget how much I love neurosurgery until I do it again. Today I did a c5-c6 acf and I nearly pissed myself with excitment. I would totally go into neurosurgery, but there's no way in all that is holy that I'd ever match anywhere in neuro.
 
JudoKing01 said:
I always forget how much I love neurosurgery until I do it again. Today I did a c5-c6 acf and I nearly pissed myself with excitment. I would totally go into neurosurgery, but there's no way in all that is holy that I'd ever match anywhere in neuro.

Judo, my friend.....

You seem to be interested in competetive surgical specialties. You should REALLY consider going to a US MD or DO school.

You are still young in medical school (only 4 months in). If there is any better time to consider giving US MD or DO schools another shot it would be now. I mention DO schools b/c you can enter DO Neurosx residency programs, if you are not accepted into MD residencies.

Take this advice from an "old timer" who regrets not going the US MD or DO route (I went to Ross U). Now I am stuck...Fu*k, even General Surgery is very competetive for us Carib. grads.

Good Luck.
 
Yeah I know. But the interest only lasts a day. Tomorrow I'll be back to wanting to be a family doc, lol. I really like neuro, vascular, etc, but when I actually think about it, I don't see myself doing them. What I really want to be is someone who can take care of someone's bronchitis, give a kid some asthma meds, and deliver a baby at 4am. I love being in the o.r. and the thrill of surgery, but thinking about being a family doc makes me all warm and fuzzy.

Edit: It's more that I'm easily impressed. When I go onto a forum and post about a surgical specialty or something, it's usually because I did a procedure or a few from that specialty and it was really cool. By that night or the next morning it's worn off and I don't want to do it anymore, lol.