-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
I M a TROLL NAMED mclem222
Started by ohiostateboy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was thinking the saaaame thing. It has to be the same person.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are several ways to hide you ip: proxy, vpn, tor, etc. A MAC address is easy to spoof, but usually overlooked, and only useful if it originated from the same household. He could easily have a friend in cahoots across the country or be traveling himself. dude assuming socal was an optometrist was the nail in the coffin for me.
Giving 'them' the benefit of the doubt, trolls will still be banned. If mclemm is socal/dude pretending to be a (er... inept) optometrist, it's not working well; he's getting chewed out by the real optometrists.
Giving 'them' the benefit of the doubt, trolls will still be banned. If mclemm is socal/dude pretending to be a (er... inept) optometrist, it's not working well; he's getting chewed out by the real optometrists.
troll: as in to troll for fish
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(angling))
You lay down a couple of "baited" lines and wait to get some bites.
From above wikipedia link: "To be effective, trolling baits and lures must have the visual ability to attract fish and intrigue them ...."
Basically a troll wants to cause a reaction from people with outrageous claims like that they invented the question mark.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(angling))
You lay down a couple of "baited" lines and wait to get some bites.
From above wikipedia link: "To be effective, trolling baits and lures must have the visual ability to attract fish and intrigue them ...."
Basically a troll wants to cause a reaction from people with outrageous claims like that they invented the question mark.
Last edited:
I did post some negative stuff yesterday but I am new to the board. This is definitely not a protected area to air out stuff apparently or be honest. Sorry I assumed that.
mclem222....
Understand that we had to ban two users a few days ago. You started posting a few days ago immediately after their ban and your postings have started off with negativity and reports of some peculiar clinical decisions and comments that could potentially cast the entire profession in a less than favorable light. Oddly enough, our banned friends did largely the same thing so you can see where the suspicion comes from.
I'm still puzzled by the concept of dilaudid for eye pain. I've seen spinal surgeons hesitant to prescribe that. Is that your standard clinical protocol for "eye pain?" What was it about this particular patient that made you reach for that instead of hydrocodone or something a little less "nuclear?"
I'm still puzzled by the concept of dilaudid for eye pain. I've seen spinal surgeons hesitant to prescribe that. Is that your standard clinical protocol for "eye pain?" What was it about this particular patient that made you reach for that instead of hydrocodone or something a little less "nuclear?"
socal also never answered questions directly or indirectly lol
Whoa, whoa....
I wouldn't take the fact that someone joined at an inopportune time as proof that they are a lying troll. I would hate to disparage an actual colleague after only a few posts and drive them away from SDN. For me, it is innocent until proven Troll-like.
Also, in regards to the odd rx....I had the same reaction that most people had when I read it. With this said, I can think of times when I gave something rather odd due to mitigating circumstances. For example, I once had a pt referred to me (by an OD) that I was told simply had a nasty case of uveitis. I was to co-manage with an OMD that was 2 hours away, but the pt would not see her for 3 more days. I prescribed a very odd combo of drugs, and the other OD and OMD both pretty much ripped into me after I sent them my prelim. The OD thought it was posterior to anterior uvietis, and the OMD was wondering WHY I had gotten so aggressive, and such an odd rx list. I put the pt on oral steroids (prednisolone), had recommended long term azathrioprine, along with ciclosporin off-label....needless to say, that is a very off the wall rx....but I was quite certain it was Behcet Syndrome (20% go blind even w treatment, but extremely rare. Saw it all of ONE time in my residency) The OMD eventually came to my defense, but I was facing a pretty strong reaction from the pt and the other OD. (Imagine you think you have a simple eye pain of uvietis, and you come to me and get a handful of treatments along with talk of screening for a disease that can blind you next week. NOT a happy pt)
My point is that I wasn't there, I didn't read the chart, I know nothing of the pt or their health. Yes, that is a SUPER strong drug, and in the event that it cannot be justified you would be in a huge amount of trouble. If the MD really wanted to be a jerk you might be in for a board review, and I was trying to tell you to prepare to defend, NOT that you are wrong necessarily. I wasn't there, and I don't second guess other doctors....I just know that some docs get a little too secure in "knowing they're right" and don't take a review seriously, thus they get in hot water....trust me, I am NOT going to question the tx strategy of a pt I never saw. That would be very unprofessional and unrealistic. I am very sorry if my words came off as such, or questioned your competency. That was a mistake and it should not have happened. I apologize to you mclem222.
I wouldn't take the fact that someone joined at an inopportune time as proof that they are a lying troll. I would hate to disparage an actual colleague after only a few posts and drive them away from SDN. For me, it is innocent until proven Troll-like.
Also, in regards to the odd rx....I had the same reaction that most people had when I read it. With this said, I can think of times when I gave something rather odd due to mitigating circumstances. For example, I once had a pt referred to me (by an OD) that I was told simply had a nasty case of uveitis. I was to co-manage with an OMD that was 2 hours away, but the pt would not see her for 3 more days. I prescribed a very odd combo of drugs, and the other OD and OMD both pretty much ripped into me after I sent them my prelim. The OD thought it was posterior to anterior uvietis, and the OMD was wondering WHY I had gotten so aggressive, and such an odd rx list. I put the pt on oral steroids (prednisolone), had recommended long term azathrioprine, along with ciclosporin off-label....needless to say, that is a very off the wall rx....but I was quite certain it was Behcet Syndrome (20% go blind even w treatment, but extremely rare. Saw it all of ONE time in my residency) The OMD eventually came to my defense, but I was facing a pretty strong reaction from the pt and the other OD. (Imagine you think you have a simple eye pain of uvietis, and you come to me and get a handful of treatments along with talk of screening for a disease that can blind you next week. NOT a happy pt)
My point is that I wasn't there, I didn't read the chart, I know nothing of the pt or their health. Yes, that is a SUPER strong drug, and in the event that it cannot be justified you would be in a huge amount of trouble. If the MD really wanted to be a jerk you might be in for a board review, and I was trying to tell you to prepare to defend, NOT that you are wrong necessarily. I wasn't there, and I don't second guess other doctors....I just know that some docs get a little too secure in "knowing they're right" and don't take a review seriously, thus they get in hot water....trust me, I am NOT going to question the tx strategy of a pt I never saw. That would be very unprofessional and unrealistic. I am very sorry if my words came off as such, or questioned your competency. That was a mistake and it should not have happened. I apologize to you mclem222.
I went with Dilaudid because the patient had problems with percocet in the past. One of my friends who is an oculoplastic surgeon gives dilaudid to patients post operatively when they have problems with percocet so I did the same. I love how a lot of the criticism i got for this came not from practicing ODs, but green eyed students who are quoting mechanisms of action from textbooks. See one patient by yourself and then come down on a practicing doctor.
I went with Dilaudid because the patient had problems with percocet in the past. One of my friends who is an oculoplastic surgeon gives dilaudid to patients post operatively when they have problems with percocet so I did the same. I love how a lot of the criticism i got for this came not from practicing ODs, but green eyed students who are quoting mechanisms of action from textbooks. See one patient by yourself and then come down on a practicing doctor.
But why give out percocet when you have lortab... a much less powerful, much, much less addictive drug? I have Rxd percocet one time and that was against my better judgement. IMO if the patient isnt being monitored they shouldnt be receiving hydromorphone. Whats next fentanyl patches?
But why give out percocet when you have lortab... a much less powerful, much, much less addictive drug? I have Rxd percocet one time and that was against my better judgement. IMO if the patient isnt being monitored they shouldnt be receiving hydromorphone. Whats next fentanyl patches?
We used to joke about Percocet in medical school. It's great, if you want to get a patient high, but not terribly good for pain control. For some reason, OB/GYN was the only service that routinely prescribed it. 🙄
percocet and dilaudid are different...but if you were asking why not give the lortab? I think for mclem the two may be exchangeable. Like using lower dose and higher dose. I give it to patients sometimes and it is usually fine
if you check out hydrocodone vs oxycodone a little closer in the literature etc you will see for the most part that oxycodone shouldnt even be on the market unless like the ^poster said you just want to get HIGH.... the addiction properties of percocet alone should be enough to never use it.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 338
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 145
