I M Freaking Out....help Me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

net4545

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
NBME 4 ONLINE 460 (6 weeks back)
NBME 1 OFFLINE 155/200(5weeks back)
NBME 2 ONLINE 500(4weeks back)
NBME 6 ONLINE 470(2 weeks back)
NBME 3 ONLINE 530(1 week back)
NBME 5 ONLINE 460(today)

I M FREAKING OUT NOW
TRYING TO STUDY BUT NOTHING IS GOING INTO MY HEAD
MY EXAM IS IN 2 WEEKS...WANT TO CROSS 90
DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO
PLEASE ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO
WILL THE EXAM BE LIKE FORM 2 AND 3 OR LIKE FORM 5 AND 6

Members don't see this ad.

It's going to be ok!

For one, I would look back and see what your strengths and weaknesses are on each. Is it that you do better with material you have just studied? Or are ones you take in the AM or timed or something like that better/worse.

Secondly- remember that 2 weeks is a long time. If you're too freaked out to study, get up and go do something else for an hour and come back. When I get like that, I make a small goal rather than thinking big picture.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the scores. Everyone has a different opinion on the accuracy of each NBME. And it's not like you are doing all that bad, especially with two weeks to go :)

well it looks like you're consistantly getting around 480ish not sure what that corolates to but whatever it does that's what you'll probably get, unless you totally freak out during the exam and then you'll get much lower. The exams vary, each person gets a different exam, also one persons strength can be anothers weakness so what might be a hard exam for one person can be easy for someone else. Historically nbme3 is supposed to be the hardest of the exam but you did the best on it, and nbme5 and 1 are supposed to be the easiest and you didn't so hot on those. So who knows, the last nbme you take is usually the best predictor of your score.

Like said above 2 weeks is a long time just read FA and do as many UW q's as you can, the final couple of days go over your weak points and try to memorize them.

everyone freaks out, and everything thinks they don't know anything. just take some deep breaths and try to relax. Study hard for 2more weeks and it will all be over soon enough. by the way 220ish correlates to 90, so if you're consistantly breaking 220 on the nbme's then you'll do fine.

you are doing great, just relax from now till the exam and that will actually improve your score,
do not try to learn new stuff u already have it in your head, it just needs to come out