I made a mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Calizboosted76

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so as I am going through and prewriting my secondaries I realized that I left two jobs out from my primary application on both AMCAS and AACOMAS. Should I mention these in all secondaries if asked? I was advised I should mention them in secondaries but I wanted to see what everyone's opinions are.

Members don't see this ad.

Whats done is done. I would not make it a point to mention the jobs that you didn't list in secondaries unless it fits with the story or the experience that you are writing about to complete the secondary. Otherwise, all you are doing is wasting valuable space.

Reactions: 1 users
Whats done is done. I would not make it a point to mention the jobs that you didn't list in secondaries unless it fits with the story or the experience that you are writing about to complete the secondary. Otherwise, all you are doing is wasting valuable space.

One prompt specifically asks me to list jobs in chronological order, that is why I am at a standstill.

Members don't see this ad :)
One prompt specifically asks me to list jobs in chronological order, that is why I am at a standstill.
If that is the secondary prompt, then fill it out as jobs that you had in chronological order. Just because you had a job, doesn't mean that is was impactful enough to write an entire 600 character about on your medical school application. I promise, these are all very minor details in the process.

You can still add new experiences to the AACOMAS after submission

I mean sorry to say it but applying to med school favors the meticulous. Stuff happens. I think you can still add to AACOMAS.