I messed up....help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rae_

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I didn't do so hot on my first DAT attempt, only got a 17, still was proud of my score despite having to work full-time during studying....problem is I have the DAT retake scheduled for dec 26 and am not as ready as I would like to be....

Now the big problem is I had sent emails to all the schools that I applied to that I was strongly aiming at improving my scores significantly come dec 26th- what do I do now and how would the schools take it if i told them I wanted to postpone my test? Im shooting for mid-jan, I am confident I'll do much better....I know if I study hard long hours up until test day and go through destroyer once, I will be prepared enough to get a 20, but I'm scared to risk it this time around just so I can live up to my word of taking it in the end of december. I was shooting to be a badass but with taking my work licensing exam in mid november and getting sick for a week it hasn't proved to be as productive as I'd like.

what should I do? Will the schools be completely disappointed and disregard me when I reapply in june? that's my worst fear because I have a true passion for this field and I know the right thing to do is take my time with the preparation and come back strong...any advice is appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I would postpone it a little bit. If another week of studying will help you do better, do it! Most of the schools are taking a break for the holidays so if they receive your scores after Dec. 26, it won't make much of a difference. When I retook my DAT, I actually physically scanned my results to the schools that I applied for, that way they knew I was being proactive and then they wouldn't have to wait until ADEA AADSAS sent them. The schools really appreciated that and attached my scores to my file immediately. I also postponed by testing date, and I was accepted this year. If it doesn't work out this year, don't sweat it. You will be a stronger and more knowledgeable candidate next time. Good luck!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user