I messed up on RC!!!

swiss lindt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the OAT today and I got destroyed by RC. I thought there was a break right after the survery of natural sciences section and ran to the bathroom because I really had to go. There was someone in the bathroom so I waited outside for 10 minutes. I returned to my testing station and found out there WASN'T a break. I paniced and rushed through all 3 passages and got a 220. I had only 35 mins to do all the questions. I am such a ******. I can't believe what I have done. The following are my scores:

Orgo: 370
Bio: 310
Gen chem: 340
Physic: 310
QR: 340
RC: 220

AA: 320
TS: 340

What should I do??? I already applied to NECO, SCCO, ICO, and NOVA. My interview for ICO is next week. My cum. gpa is 3.56 and science gpa is 3.8. Should I email the admission director and tell her what happened? or that's not good b/c i'm pointing out my weaknesses. I am really sad. Do you think I will have any chance in getting accepted with those scores?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've heard scco needs a higher RC. You should call the schools up directly and see what they say...I think the worse case scenario is that you take the test again later on this admissions cycle

i would wait. schools will interview you anyway, and if they ask, they ask. Some might not metnion it if everything else looks good. but dont bother taking it again until they ask you to, if they do

SCCO wants at least a 300 on RC. I think I'll have to retake it to get an interview from SCCO. This won't happen until 90 days later.:( I guess all I could do now is wait. I'll see in the next few weeks if I get interviews from the other schools. :( I submitted all my apps in September.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously don't be so down on yourself, with your gpa you're gonna get accepted

Looking at the other thread some schools will overlook your low RC score since you did well in the other sections...the absolute worse case scenario is every school you apply to tells you to take the test again and you get accepted later than sooner (Mid January is NOT too late in the game.)

hopefully you have good extracurriculars and shadowing experience.

Thanks for your replies. I will see if ICO mentions my low RC score at my interview next week.

Thanks for your replies. I will see if ICO mentions my low RC score at my interview next week.

Before your interview, you will met with an admissions counselor. She will ask you to explain any discrepancies in your scores and that's when you explain the 220. Just be prepare to explain that b/c a 220 is a little bit on the low side. Good luck!