I might turn down an interview..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHopefully94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have five interview invitations currently. Uconn, BU, Maryland, Buffalo, and Pittsburgh.

I am not sure if it is reasonable financially or in terms of time for me to attend the Pittsburgh interview, ten hours away from me by car. Pittsburgh is my last choice of school, and I would only attend if I was not accepted anywhere else.

I am still hoping for an interview from Tufts and UNE, as UConn, BU, Tufts and UNE are my top four choices.

Should I attend the Pittsburgh interview, or am I relatively safe assuming an acceptance to another school?

My GPA is 3.8, dat is 22ts 21aa, 20pat.

Members don't see this ad.

You are only safe, when you have acceptance letter in your hands

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When did you get your Maryland interview invite?

I got my Maryland interview sometime around August 20th.

Financially it is not in my budget to go to the Buffalo interview, so I turned it down. You have 5 interview invites to great schools. It is entirely your call whether you want to take it or not. If you are confident in your interview skills, then having 4/5 isn't bad :)

Thank you so much for the reassurance.

Ask Pittsburgh for a later interview date and pick a date after December 1st. If you get an acceptance on December 1st, just call them to cancel. If not, then go to your Pittsburgh interview.

Reactions: 1 users
With your stats you should be fine. Personally I would go for the extra practice but don't feel bad about canceling....in fact you will probably give your interview slot to somebody that really wants to go to Pitt.