• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gijohn529

USC Dental 2012
10+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hello fellow peers,

I'm in need of a bone graph before I can get an implant placed at #7. I have a problem... I live in CA and will be going to school at NYU. I spoke to my oral surgeon and he told me that I can either do it now and have a dentist at NYU do the post-op stuff or wait and have them do all of it. He also told me costs would be much cheaper. What do you guys think? Should I start now or wait a few months? My freaking flipper just broke today so it's quite embarassing to walk around with a big gap.

Thanks

John

I've been a freaking gold mine for dentists... trying to absorb some of the costs by becoming one.

crazy_sherm

å♪▼æ╬‼▄·
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
San Francisco
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
If you're going to be a student at NYU you can probably get a discount there. It's also easier for the surgeon that treatment plans your case to be the one that does each step, for continuity and predictability sakes. Your implant is restoratively guided, so having the restorative dentist there to consult at the same time as the surgeon will likely garner the best result.

aphistis

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2003
Indianapolis
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
  2. Dentist
Hello fellow peers,

I'm in need of a bone graph before I can get an implant placed at #7. I have a problem... I live in CA and will be going to school at NYU. I spoke to my oral surgeon and he told me that I can either do it now and have a dentist at NYU do the post-op stuff or wait and have them do all of it. He also told me costs would be much cheaper. What do you guys think? Should I start now or wait a few months? My freaking flipper just broke today so it's quite embarassing to walk around with a big gap.

Thanks

John

I've been a freaking gold mine for dentists... trying to absorb some of the costs by becoming one.
I think you shouldn't use SDN to obtain personal medical advice. If you're unsure about which treatment avenue to proceed, you should consider obtaining a trustworthy second opinion. Closing.

About the Ads
Status
Not open for further replies.