I need a job, anyone hiring?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxforlife2004

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seriously, I need a job ....

My brief resume: 4 yr experience with inpatient pharmacy (both clinical and order entries...), familiar with developing protocols/guidelines from scratch. Looking for a job in south california area...

Anyone hiring?

bTW I am not old....i am 27 now...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have a friend who recently tried to land a open pharmacist position at a hospital in San Diego. He was one out of 132 applicants :eek:

Good luck.

My brief resume: 4 yr experience with inpatient pharmacy (both clinical and order entries...), familiar with developing protocols/guidelines from scratch. Looking for a job in south california area...

Anyone hiring?

Are you not working?

Members don't see this ad :)
What happened to your previous job? Or are you looking to relocate?

Politic...politic...politic...then I got demoted from a clinical pharmacist (been doing for 3 yrs) to ****ty late shift with techs who are too lazy to pick up the phones....doing it for a while...and so i can't take it anymore....

Can't deal with politics when you work very hard...and others are playing, enjoying with "don't care" attitude since they're your boss' favor (side)....and they kiss ass...blah blah blah...

Lousy schedule where you have to work with undesired shifts, and every weekend....and per diem people get to work on week days...wtf is that? So lousy...

Last edited:
What's the furthest you're willing to go in Southern Cal?

Politic...politic...politic...then I got demoted from a clinical pharmacist (been doing for 3 yrs) to ****ty late shift with techs who are too lazy to pick up the phones....doing it for a while...and so i can't take it anymore....

Can't deal with politics when you work very hard...and others are playing, enjoying with "don't care" attitude since they're your boss' favor (side)....and they kiss ass...blah blah blah...

Lousy schedule where you have to work with undesired shifts, and every weekend....and per diem people get to work on week days...wtf is that? So lousy...

This is the reason I've been seriously thinking about just doing retail recently. Sure, the work isn't as interesting...but I'm just sick of how the entire universe of hospital pharmacy works. Every aspect of hospital pharmacy is bull**** on top of bull****. There is always a snake in the grass. More than anything, the staff sizes are too big. Too much room for politics to get in the way. And anybody that even reads my posts on here knows I just can't thrive in those environments. Which is unfortunate because I'm talented as all hell.

Looking back...honestly...I was the happiest working at ****ing Kroger. Next to the bakery and an aisle away from the shampoo section. It's not the work...God knows the general public is a pain...but its just that the people I worked with didn't carry themselves like total douchebags. There isn't a constant battle for prestige...and not working weekends...and there aren't behind the scenes dealings. There are maybe three pharmacists...they rotate...only one or two working at a time...and there are just enough people that you can have fun and get along. It's just a job that borders on blue collar.

Meh.

What's the furthest you're willing to go in Southern Cal?

Thanks, Z....but i am actually trying my best to suck it up here...i'm giving it another 3 months and see how it goes...due to the fact that it's extremely hard to get a job these days and everyone else out there is looking for work...

It's not much better out there. Stay where you are at. At least you will have food in your mouth.

It's not much better out there. Stay where you are at. At least you will have food in your mouth.

True that...now fu c...k u! At least let me dream a bit longer would u?

This is the reason I've been seriously thinking about just doing retail recently. Sure, the work isn't as interesting...but I'm just sick of how the entire universe of hospital pharmacy works. Every aspect of hospital pharmacy is bull**** on top of bull****. There is always a snake in the grass. More than anything, the staff sizes are too big. Too much room for politics to get in the way. And anybody that even reads my posts on here knows I just can't thrive in those environments. Which is unfortunate because I'm talented as all hell.

Looking back...honestly...I was the happiest working at ****ing Kroger. Next to the bakery and an aisle away from the shampoo section. It's not the work...God knows the general public is a pain...but its just that the people I worked with didn't carry themselves like total douchebags. There isn't a constant battle for prestige...and not working weekends...and there aren't behind the scenes dealings. There are maybe three pharmacists...they rotate...only one or two working at a time...and there are just enough people that you can have fun and get along. It's just a job that borders on blue collar.

Meh.

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)

just curious, does it make much of a difference when applying for a job?

i.e. a 27 yr old w/ 4 yrs pharmacist experience vs. a 33 year old with 4 years pharmacist experience?

just curious, does it make much of a difference when applying for a job?

i.e. a 27 yr old w/ 4 yrs pharmacist experience vs. a 33 year old with 4 years pharmacist experience?

The younger the better. No one wants to hired someone that's going to need to retire soon! LOL...

My name is Anh. I am a certified pharmacy technician. I am looking for a part time job in South CA area. My email is [email protected]. Please contact me if you can help me. Thanks.

Hello everybody,

I noticed everybody here is not so happy. I want to tell you about my home business and would like to invite you to be a part of this company which gives you the freedom to work from home and earn without the hassles of office politics. The company I am a part of as an independent business owner is Ameriplan. It has been in business for the last 18 years. It has an A rating with BBB. It offers healthcare plan at a discounted rate to people who may or may not have health insurance coverage. Free training provided, all work done from the comfort of your home, through the phone and internet. If you are interested, visit www.freedomathomteam.com/LJeapen, read through the whole website, check out the testimonials, research the company well. And if u think u like this, click on request for interview and I will call you and answer your questions, if any. For the low cost of $50/month, u can have ur own website. Hoping to hear from all of you soon.
Take care all.:love:

Anyone hiring?

Opening a start up pharmacy in Ventura County if you are interested. Partnership opportunities.

I have an opportunity that might interest you provided you're still looking. It is basically helping doctors still practicing as their own bosses (not hospital owned) capture revenue that they are already creating, but just not benefiting from. There is no gimmick and costs them nothing out of pocket. Just now got to the point of implementation with as many hoops as one starting a business has to jump through! Contact me if you are interested.

As opposed to offering doctors a chance to save a penny a year on paper goods or the rigors of pharma reps, you will show them how to add up to a couple hundred thousand to their revenue with no out of pocket expense or additional workload. If they aren't hospital owned they are very likely doing the work already, but don't know how they are missing the revenue. It also enhances patient care. You really aren't selling them anything and additionally we are currently the only company offering this model with four patents involved. Let me know. Anyone can respond.

if office politics annoy you maybe working as a pharmacist isnt the right thing for you. Have you ever considered to be something like a craftsmen? No politics and you get paid for honest work ;). I found some jobs on myhammer.com and I am very happy with it

Research Pharmacist needed for Coral Gables site asap. Per diem. Flexible schedule. Spanish not required. Email CV to [email protected]

Can I do the work from a computer? I'm in michigan.
Do I have to put any money? I got none