I need a little advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JGo

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm new here. My name is Justin. I am a student at Valencia Community College in Orlando, Florida. I am very interested in becoming a Pharm. D student at USC/MUSC. I have a few questions. I have almost completed all of the pre-pharmacy coursework for the SCCP. I have to take Physics and Anatomy. My gpa is 3.7. I have yet to take the PCAT but I’m planning to either this summer or fall. I was wondering if someone had any advice as to when I should apply for admission? I would like to be a student at the SCCP for the spring or fall semester of 2007. I plan on moving up to South Carolina next year. Also, I would like to know if me being an out of state student would hinder my chances of getting accepted? Any insight you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

The SCCP gives preference to in-state students. You can find this and other information on the school's website, www.sccp.sc.edu. I'm not sure of the exact numbers for the SCCP, but generally a publicly-funded pharmacy school can only fill 10-20% of its class with out-of-state students.

This year the SCCP application deadline was January 15; I assume it will be the same next year. In any case, I would recommend submitting your application at least a month or so before the deadline, because they begin reviewing applications before the deadline.

A GPA of 3.7 should be very competitive at the SCCP, provided you have a decent PCAT score to back it up. Good luck!

For future reference, putting a more specific title on your post might get you some better responses.