I need a pharmacist to answer these question please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Curious one

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Its for my senior project. I want to become a pharmacist.

What is your title?

How long have you been?

What is a typical day like?

What is the most dificult part?

How long was schooling after highschool?

Where do you work? (drug store, hospital, etc.)

Are you happy with your career choice?

What do you find most satisfying as a pharmacist?

What should i focus on the most while in school?

Members don't see this ad.

Its for my senior project. I want to become a pharmacist.

What is your title?

How long have you been?

Why not try and contact your local pharmacies and see if a pharmacist would be willing to speak to you in person? Try an independent pharmacy or a chain and ask if there is a good time you can come in for a quick interview. If you really want to be a pharmacist and are taking this project seriously, go out and talk to a pharmacist in person, talk to more than one if you can! I doubt the point of the assignment was to ask someone online who says they are a pharmacist. I know the pharmacists I work with would all be happy to give you a quick interview during a slower part of the day.

What is your title?

pharmD

fill scripts, take doctor orders on phone, counsel patients on OTC

limited amount of tech help, so it can get backed up

6 yrs

retail

hell yea

pt counseling...i can impact pts life on a daily basis

learn the material that is the most significant from a clinical standpoint

Members don't see this ad :)
Why not try and contact your local pharmacies and see if a pharmacist would be willing to speak to you in person? Try an independent pharmacy or a chain and ask if there is a good time you can come in for a quick interview. If you really want to be a pharmacist and are taking this project seriously, go out and talk to a pharmacist in person, talk to more than one if you can! I doubt the point of the assignment was to ask someone online who says they are a pharmacist. I know the pharmacists I work with would all be happy to give you a quick interview during a slower part of the day.

You are exactly right. Except you don't know my situation(sp?) I do have a mentor, but I am not scheduled with a meeting with her until next week and the paper is do tomorrow. I know my fault.

Edit: Thank you psurocks

What is your title?

RPh = registered pharmacist (license title)
PharmD = Doctor of Pharmacy (education title)

How long have you been?

13 Years

1. Reading doctor's (and other prescribers) orders to evaluate for patient appropriateness (allergies, interactions, appropriate choice/dose, formulary, etc.), then entering orders into the patient's computer profile.

2. Monitoring certain drugs based on patient's medical status.

3. Serving as a drug information or medical resource to hospital staff.

Having to do more work with less and less resources. Getting along with co-workers, other staff and management.

6 years

I work for a non-profit hospital and pick up extra hours as an independent contractor in other settings (hospital, retail, LTC, behavioral health, home infusion, mail-order).

Yes and No.

The ability to find work anywhere in the United States, job security, good pay, the ability to use my brain instead of my back.

It's important that you get good grades in all of your classes, but math and science predominate in pharmacy. It also wouldn't hurt to focus on your communication skills and social skills. You should also try to work or volunteer in a pharmacy to see if it's something that you enjoy doing.

When I was given this assignment, I called 10 pharmacies. Not ONE had the time.

I was forced to walk in and "find" time if you know what I mean. Pharmacists these days don't feel like giving a moment of their time to help some student when they need to help patients.

Pharmacists these days don't feel like giving a moment of their time to help some student

You're welcome.