I need advice on these secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dds2010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
GPA:
BCP:3.38
Overall: 3.47

DAT:
PAT:17
QR:15
RC:15
Bio:18
G.Chem:18
O.Chem:17
TS:18
AA:17

I received secondaries prior to taking the DAT, so the schools did not know how poorly I performed. Should I still do the secondaries and send the money in?

In one case...I called Loma Linda and they said that they like to see 18's across the board. Obviously, I don't meet their criteria, but they still sent me a secondary (after seeing my DAT scores).

My worry is that what if these schools just told me to do the secondaries so that they can take my money and then reject me as soon as they cash the check. I mean c'mon..look at my DAT scores!

Also, in what case would you withdraw your application? Like if I don't send my secondaries in should I call them and tell them that I am withdrawing my application?

Members don't see this ad.

dds2010 said:
GPA:
BCP:3.38
Overall: 3.47

DAT:
PAT:17
QR:15
RC:15
Bio:18
G.Chem:18
O.Chem:17
TS:18
AA:17

I received secondaries prior to taking the DAT, so the schools did not know how poorly I performed. Should I still do the secondaries and send the money in?

In one case...I called Loma Linda and they said that they like to see 18's across the board. Obviously, I don't meet their criteria, but they still sent me a secondary (after seeing my DAT scores).

My worry is that what if these schools just told me to do the secondaries so that they can take my money and then reject me as soon as they cash the check. I mean c'mon..look at my DAT scores!

Also, in what case would you withdraw your application? Like if I don't send my secondaries in should I call them and tell them that I am withdrawing my application?

Im pretty much in the same boat as you, very similar stats.. I sent my money in.. You've come this far, spent money on the AADSAS already, Ive heard of people getting in with similar stats, so it's not impossible, although you have less of a chance, like me. It's still worth the shot, i'd rather waste my money than another year waiting. Plus going through the aadsas process again.. I wanna say it's only money, but I know how expensive it is and money is tight for most of us. It all depends on your financial situation I guess.

Most schools will send you secondaries whether or not they have your DAT scores. Go ahead and submit those secondaries. You have nothing to lose at this point. Loma Linda might say that they "like" 18's across the board. But they may be willing to make an exceptions on a case by case basis. Who knows, you may be one of the lucky exceptions. The only way to find out is to submit those secondaries. :)